Display / Interface (5 issues found) [0.43 - Mac]

Report bugs here! Please use the template when posting. For help running the game, please use the tech support forum.
Eigengrau

Display / Interface (5 issues found) [0.43 - Mac]

Post by Eigengrau » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:52 am

Below are listed 5 bugs I uncovered immediately upon loading the game and changing the settings, along with system specs, workarounds I found and what wasn't tested.

Operating System: OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 (Macbook Pro Mid 2012)

Bug severity: Display / Interface issue

Complete steps to replicate bug:

Bug 1: Screen Resolution - This bug occurs when changing the screen resolution in the settings, it begins to shift the screens graphics around, this effect is taken into gameplay making it almost unplayable.

Bug 2: Texture Quality - This is not a bug and more a graphical issue which occurs when lowering the texture quality to "Shoddy", the menu and game text becomes almost unreadable and very unclear.

Bug 3: Fullscreen Broken - Upon trying to test if the above bugs would work if the game was played in windowed mode I found that I couldn't deactivate fullscreen at all.

Bug 4: Exit Game Broken - When loading up the game on windowed mode I found I was unable to quit the game in any other way than using the games abort menu option. Trying to close it via the red close button, the application menu on the menu bar and the dock icon also didn't work.

Bug 5: Fullscreen Issue - Another issue with fullscreen is being unable to tab out of it or minimise it on mac in anyway, through the dock, desktop keys or through any other way of switching from the application to another window such as keyboard shortcuts. This issue combined with Bug 4 could potentially be severe if the game were to freeze for players who don't know the shortcut key for force quitting an application on mac as this is the only way of exiting the game without using the abort option in the menu. Some of the shortcuts, for example for switching between applications (CMD + TAB) would result in a mouse cursor on the screen which you're unable to get rid of unless you restart the game.

System specs:

Code: Select all

Model Name:	MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier:	MacBookPro9,2
  Processor Name:	Intel Core i7
  Processor Speed:	2.9 GHz
  Number of Processors:	1
  Total Number of Cores:	2
  L2 Cache (per Core):	256 KB
  L3 Cache:	4 MB
  Memory:	8 GB
  Boot ROM Version:	MBP91.00D3.B09
  SMC Version (system):	2.2f41

Code: Select all

Chipset Model:	Intel HD Graphics 4000
  Type:	GPU
  Bus:	Built-In
  VRAM (Total):	1024 MB
  Vendor:	Intel (0x8086)
  Device ID:	0x0166
  Revision ID:	0x0009
  Displays:
Color LCD:
  Display Type:	LCD
  Resolution:	1280 x 800
  Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:	Yes
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes
  Built-In:	Yes 
Maia Config settings: Default

Other notes:

[FIXS]

- Bug 1 can be resolved by exiting the game and re-entering, the buggy resolution will then be normal, but the display will be affected upon changing resolutions again.

- Bug 3 can be resolved in the same way, by restarting the game, the game will start up in windowed mode afterwards, but still will not go windowed again unless the game is restarted.

- Bug 4 can be resolved by force quitting the application, but this is the only way I've found other than to abort in-game.

- Bug 5 can be resolved by using force quit shortcut key while in full screen

[UNTESTED]

- All bugs were tested at the specs shown, bugs were not tested at other desktop screen resolutions or graphics settings (besides windowed and fullscreen when specified)

[SCREENSHOTS]

Screenshots of graphical issues caused by Bug 1 and 2

Link to screenshots - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vtkyhul741dq ... eUppm2AJPa
Eigengrau - 16161d.bandcamp.com
[steamcommunity.com/id/zoahk]

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Re: Display / Interface (5 issues found) [0.43 - Mac]

Post by SimoRoth » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:26 pm

Awesome thanks. I'll look into those.

I think a few of them were caused by the upgrade to Mavericks. A lot of the code is using out of date hooks now.

Eigengrau

Re: Display / Interface (5 issues found) [0.43 - Mac]

Post by Eigengrau » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:09 am

Thank you, figured it must be mavericks causing the issue.
Eigengrau - 16161d.bandcamp.com
[steamcommunity.com/id/zoahk]