Multiple bugs and possible fixes

Report bugs here! Please use the template when posting. For help running the game, please use the tech support forum.
psyrox2k
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Multiple bugs and possible fixes

Post by psyrox2k » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:31 am

Ok so after playing for quite a while prolly also recommended we can assign jobs to the workers, at least until priorities get fixed. They all seem to run and fix the same thing, or build the same thing a lot, then they fatigue and need sleep/food/water and basically the same cycle happens again, especially when the base gets bigger. This means almost nothing gets done, and not from lack of people, but lack of direction and control of the people. The whole everyone having a mind of their own and going insane thing is a good idea, and for the most part people should do their thing, but with the current bugs and unknowns causing them to do weird stuff, it's more frustration then fun management trying to get them to do basic things they need to just plain survive.

Renegade
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Renegade » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:38 am

please "fix" (remove) the infinite chickens spawning "feature", it's hella annoying and makes the game unstable, no reason for it.

psyrox2k

Post by psyrox2k » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:54 pm

More info on a previous bug I reported, when you expand the main "room" near the other rooms, the builder sometimes gets confused which room you are building from. On the room side of things I can sometimes get stuff for say a workshop, and vice versa, but only at the edges when you build like that. It also requires you to do a lot of room removing (due to the IMP being stuck) but it seems to fix pathing for the people if you pull it off inbetween builds/jobs.

Just anther reason we need the "room" at the start to be called sleep quarters or something, and add another room just for hallways and connectors for base design.

Ruairí

Post by Ruairí » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:36 am

Thanks for this list of issues, a good chunk of these are actually reported, but the additional info given (esp on the workbenches) is really useful and will help us track down the rest of the bugs.

CRBear

Post by CRBear » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:17 pm

Code: Select all

I had a bunch of other colonists limping around and dieing from fatigue too, maybe I built something too close to a bed and they couldn't figure out how to use it and never bothered using the others, idk? Hard to say when we only got haiku's to go by and not a real status on each person, which would be much more informative on what's going on, or what they are attempting to do. Would again also help us give better feedback for bug fixes.
I had this too. I even removed all non built objects and started locking doors to try to get them to go to med-lab. I found locked doors do not need rapers (: The only thing I did not close was the one to med-lab and tear down the wind generator.

Ruairí

Post by Ruairí » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:16 am

The AI not giving medical priority is known issue, we are still balancing out the needs for this (plus adding in extra functionality to prevent them wandering off the tables) But yeah currently they are tricky to get healed.