alpha 0.49

Report bugs here! Please use the template when posting. For help running the game, please use the tech support forum.
arrn

alpha 0.49

Post by arrn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:00 pm

well sofar, it dosent seem to crash anymore.

but:
I saw now the guys get sick, but build a medical dosent help, if they simple dont build it, except the meet trolly.

also the game seems to run IMP dont run around anymore like there where drunk.

But:
It all runs up to cretain point, then the old habbits start again. Citzen run outside walking in circles and drop death, same inside, stop bulding, imps stand around no matter what you do everything starts to smoke and breaks...

I still don't get it, why is there all the time new things added, instead fix up the stuff whats already here and if thats fixed start be adding content..

Woetoo

Re: alpha 0.49

Post by Woetoo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:11 am

arrn wrote:I still don't get it, why is there all the time new things added, instead fix up the stuff whats already here and if thats fixed start be adding content..
Simon Roth (the developer) was on the IRC channel most of the weekend - he was mentioning that he was working through their bug list in preparation for version 0.50.
He said that their bug list was up to 120+ individual bugs last week, but after putting in some time (including working through the bank holiday weekend) he'd gotten that down to just 75. Of course then Ruairi came along after doing some internal testing of 0.50 and added another 5... so it's back up to 80 again. But still... that 45+ bugs fixed in the last week or so.

He was also saying that they might start to publish the list of bugs so that people could avoid reporting bugs that are already on the list. But he said he wanted to get the number of bugs below 50 before focusing on that - otherwise the list will be too long for people to check against. I guess it would also have the added advantage that we can see that bugs are being worked on - even if they are small bugs or bugs we've never seen.

I guess my point is that they ARE fixing stuff AND adding content, even if they're not communicating that especially well back to the community.

arrn

Post by arrn » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:36 pm

Woetoo wrote:He was also saying that they might start to publish the list of bugs so that people could avoid reporting bugs that are already on the list.
That would be of course helpfull. :idea:
Woetoo wrote:I guess my point is that they ARE fixing stuff AND adding content, even if they're not communicating that especially well back to the community.
Yeah thats cool, but:
Last year they did not have food and died from starving, now they get sick, but the dman medical center dosent run at all. I mean, even if you code that stuff, you should be smart enough to figure out, ohhh the medical center dont work, so dont make em sick. --- Medical center is working, now they can go sick.. Rght way to do... :idea: No, yes, Maybe?!?
Bestoldies Vinyl Record Shop
http://www.bestoldies4u.com

Woetoo

Post by Woetoo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:00 pm

Unfortunately that's the nature of "Early Access" games... they aren't finished and not everything gets done in the order that makes sense to a player. It's a constantly moving target where features and ideas could be dropped entirely from the game (or not). Hell, if they wanted to they could change almost every aspect of the game before launch.

Simon did post a picture of his current bugs list, I haven't posted it here because I figure if he wanted to show it - he could. But I will mention that bug #72 has a title of "Medical Drips functionality change (food dispensers)" ... so maybe there's plans in the works to rethink the medical bay? I dunno, I'm a player too and as much in the dark as you are. I always imagined that colonist falling down on the floor and then dying is just another in a long list of things that was partly written then added to the "oh, I'll come back to this later" pile or the "oh, pizza..." pile. ;)

But then there's all sorts of weird things that happen in Maia alpha version 0.49. Colonists dying of starvation when there is clearly enough food is definitely high up there on my personal list of "wtf?!?!?!", but it's really difficult to say that's a bug. What I mean is it could be a UI (User Interface) issue, where the player isn't given enough information to know WHY the colonist died and there's a really good reason that is perfectly valid why the colonist died. But then perhaps it is a bug. I dunno. All I can say is I doubt that sort of thing is working as intended for the finished game.

Dunno if that helps any.