Pathing/Collision problems when possessing droid [0.54]

Report bugs here! Please use the template when posting. For help running the game, please use the tech support forum.
Woetoo

Pathing/Collision problems when possessing droid [0.54]

Post by Woetoo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:53 pm

Alpha build number: 0.54
Operating System: Windows 7

Bug severity: Unexpected behaviour - Taking control of a repair bot is results in it getting stuck on just about anything

Again, something that occurred a LOT today once I realised I could take control of those bots. The "driving" mode is interesting to say the least. I was getting stuck under tables, in doorways, against walls, in hydroponic planners. If there was anywhere you could possibly consider that the collision detection might be problematic... I GOT STUCK THERE. Thankfully every time I did, exiting First-Person mode and giving control of the droid back meant the droid could free itself from whatever idiot position I got stuck in.
In addition, I did notice a couple of times that when I exited from First-Person mode, the repair droid's graphic looked like the wheels were intersecting the floor. Almost as if the droid was physically lower within the world.

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Re: Pathing/Collision problems when possessing droid [0.54]

Post by SimoRoth » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:37 pm

Yeah we worked to smooth it out previously. One of the things it will have soon is the ability to run over grass and other shrubs in first person to make it feel a little better. Otherwise I can add a bit of give and bounce for some surfaces to allow the wheels to slip more.