LMB anywhere on screen as email arrives auto-opens it [0.54]

Report bugs here! Please use the template when posting. For help running the game, please use the tech support forum.
Woetoo

LMB anywhere on screen as email arrives auto-opens it [0.54]

Post by Woetoo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:14 pm

Alpha build number: 0.54
Operating System: Windows 7

Bug severity: Unexpected behaviour - Left clicking anywhere within the game world while a new email/warning is being generated, displays that email/warning.

I've encountered this one a LOT, but I've never really been able to pin it down.
At first, I thought it was tied to the fact that I use CTRL so much to align new items to the game grid. It's not that.

tbh, I don't read any of the email's any more. Half of them I don't understand and the other half are hinting at things I have no direct control over anyway. So I just RMB them as soon as they appear.

Easiest way I've reproduced it is to start a new game, clear the initial messages then repeatedly spam the LMB in anticipation of a new message. As soon as it appear, the whole message is displayed as if I'd clicked on it (which I didn't).
Similarly, spamming the RMB clears the message as soon as it appears (reproduced the same way).
I believe you said in the live stream that Maia's interactions are complicated by needing to create boxes around things like text so you can click on those too. I was wondering if perhaps while the email icon is being created, it is briefly the size of the full screen? or something similar.

Anyway, this explains why I'm getting emails being displayed while trying to place objects. I place the object with LMB just as the email arrives - and email gets opened. It was so far to reproduce because the timing wasn't obvious.