Discuss news about Maia
SimoRoth
Site Admin

Blog: Momentum

Post by SimoRoth » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:44 am

Fenrakk101

Re: Blog: Momentum

Post by Fenrakk101 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:00 am

I'm assuming you're going to have different tiers of rewards for people who donate more; what kind of rewards are you planning and what kinds of prices are you thinking on for the game? something in the $10-$15 range or more in the $20-$30 range?
I'm good at whatever I apply myself to, I'm just not good at applying myself.

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:37 pm

Fenrakk101 wrote:I'm assuming you're going to have different tiers of rewards for people who donate more; what kind of rewards are you planning and what kinds of prices are you thinking on for the game? something in the $10-$15 range or more in the $20-$30 range?
There will be a limited amount at $10 with the main price at ~$15.

As for rewards.. lots!

Posters, launch party invites, signed DVDs, 3d printed models, getting your face in game... There should be something for everyone!

Studdart

Post by Studdart » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Great, I think this is what most, if not all of us, have been waiting for with this project.

I personally can't wait to start putting some money behind you to make this game happen, and news of a UK kickstarter is almost as significant news.
Hopefully this will cause an influx of those budding british indie developers out there to ge their ideas off of paper and out into the world.

Now to see how much I can spend without the other half asking awkward questions...
I'll get my coat...

randommonicle

Post by randommonicle » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:44 pm

I just don't have enough money.

If i could afford 200k i would.
Burn with me

Ortwin

Post by Ortwin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Very nice!

Congratulations on getting this far. Untill now, Maia has only been a 'collection of render previews, concept art and a few 3D models', tied together with the general idea of base-building/managing gameplay.

I'm excited to see this becoming something real in the near future :).

*grabs wallet and starts throwing money at screen*
(nah, I'm not rich, but I am wealthy enough to give away a little money to people who use it to make dreams reality and put some more art in our world)

Mark

Post by Mark » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:38 am

Congratulations Simon.
I knew nothing of Maia until it popped up on the front page of kickstarter.
I've been looking for another quality version of Dungeon Keeper for years now and nothing captures the dry dark humour or the style very well.
I'm thrilled to see an Indie pick it up and add his own style and flair the the genre.

It took me a few mins but I'm now a kickstarter backer of the project, and when money allows I'll pledge some more.

Also, I dont know if you saw the line in Reddit
"A very modern god. Miracles are unreliable, technology is perfect."

As soon as I saw that line I thought it would be perfect for this project as a tag line for the game.

Cheers and good luck from Australia
[img]http://burninglegion.org/forum/download ... ig.png/img]

^^^^^Please turn BBcode ON in signatures^^^^^

rkolenc

Post by rkolenc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:52 am

Mark wrote:Congratulations Simon.
I knew nothing of Maia until it popped up on the front page of kickstarter.
I've been looking for another quality version of Dungeon Keeper for years now and nothing captures the dry dark humour or the style very well.
I'm thrilled to see an Indie pick it up and add his own style and flair the the genre.

It took me a few mins but I'm now a kickstarter backer of the project, and when money allows I'll pledge some more.

Also, I dont know if you saw the line in Reddit
"A very modern god. Miracles are unreliable, technology is perfect."

As soon as I saw that line I thought it would be perfect for this project as a tag line for the game.

Cheers and good luck from Australia
We feel your pain man:/ I still go back to Theme Hospital and DK once in a while, hell, I'm in the middle of the last level of DK vanilla, and then off to DK Gold:)

We did see the line on Reddit, and when I read it I thought it was Simon who had written the response:D

As awesome as that quote sounds, the more I thought about it, the more I thought it's a bit unsuitable, as Maia isn't just about the triumph of technology over nature and in fact, it's almost the opposite. Impbots can go berserk and attack your colonists, reactors can go into critical meltdown, the colonists themselves may not be very stable...

Technology is more unstable than ever. They probably should have gone for something better than the cheap option when colonizing an alien world:/