What happened to Linux version ?

Talk about the game
b0rsuk

What happened to Linux version ?

Post by b0rsuk » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:15 am

Hi, I was in a mood for testing Maia and logged in on:
http://members.maiagame.com/downloads

But it turns out the latest Linux version is 0.53. What's up with that ? OS is listed as Linux 64, Windows and OSX Mavericks.

Woetoo

Re: What happened to Linux version ?

Post by Woetoo » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:18 pm

Best guess, Simon forgot to update the website with the Linux version.
tbh, I'm surprised to see the 0.57 Windows version there - Simon was getting really bad at updating the downloads area of his own site for a while.

If you have access, you might want to try see if Steam has the 0.57 build of Maia. I know it's separately managed. I wish I could tell you, but I don't run Linux.

Edit: I did a bit of digging and found this link :

https://steamdb.info/depot/252252/manifests/

If I'm understanding it correctly, it basically says Steam's Linux version of Maia was updated 14 days ago. Which seems about right, since 0.57 was pushed out on the 12th of July and today is the 26th.
It also says that the Windows version was updated 8 days ago, which I'm guessing is a hotfix that hasn't been rolled out in the Linux version yet.

Either way, it looks like the Linux version is alive and well... just not in the members download area yet.

b0rsuk

Post by b0rsuk » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:40 pm

I noticed that all links on members.maiagame.com are dead, but the site itself seems to still work. There are even links for the version 0.60 .

Is members.maiagame.com still oficially supported, or abandoned in favor of steam ?

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Still supported.

Our webhost moved the files in the filesystem without asking and broke eveeryything. :?