Might be worth you checking out the Kickstarter updates as I did a big QA at some point and I think I covered some of this.
1) How detail savvy will this game be?
Lots of details are going in! Lots in the AI department and also with the exterior and science aspects. Also there will be lots to read!
As for decoration there will be some. The AI will want a well lit, well decorated base.
2) Base maintenance and economy
There will be a resource economy. That's been covered in detail before.
Colonists won't be paid, this is survival mission.
Will there be base degradation?
3) What's up with the IMPs?
The current IMP's are quite placeholder and the tone of the game isn't entirely apparent from the current builds. . It will come together and everything will fit!Read the comments on the doors and you will get a hint that things are not as serious as they seem
They are important because they can do things faster and with less hassle than humans. You have more control over them, but at the same time, far less. They are an interesting contrast, and will have their own quirks.
Will there be multi-level ?
Yes but not until Milestone .50.
amenities shops and balconies overlooking the garden below
The colonies won't be that grandiose. This is basic survival!
5) I've seem around here an airlock pic. Its pretty neat. I can assume once inside the base people will wander with clothing? Will there be decontamination graphics?
Yeah the airlock sequence will be cool with lots of klaxxons and air and steam gushing about!
6) the mini-sentry is neat. Bit it doesnt fit inside the base very much. How about some ceiling-mounted guns? Ground-popping ones perhaps?
It's mostly used for exterior. There are some other defences that will be implemented. Those are currently secret!
7) What sort of control will we have over the colony? From what i gathered human control is almost null, am i right? What are the tools available to the player so he can avoid frustrating events, such a fire rampaging through your colony while nobody gives a fuck. Or your fellas dying one after the other because they can't group up to fight a creature together. I mean, can we at least give waypoints such as :everyone gather at mess hall, or all security personal go to base entrance. Stuff that's not controlling people, but would emulate basic sense in a community.
Correct, no control over humans apart from placing orders for them, that they may or may not ignore.
You can lock doors and there will be alarms and other ways to nudge people about.
8) Yeah.. about rooms, how many types of rooms are we looking for here?
Currently there are 7 rooms. In the final build I am hoping for 9 or so. They cover a lot of those, with the generic room type allowing for more flexibility.
Stuff will be built instantly or gradually? (with sparks and welding, that's the neat stuff)
Rooms will be built instantly in current builds. Objects and doors to rooms are built by the colonists. In later builds the colonists may have to build the rooms. I need to test the game to see if this makes the gameplay too tedious.
9) How is time and climate gonna work
1 day = about 6 minutes in realtime. I've gone into detail on the climate simulation so you can read up about that.
10) How deep will be the psychological aspect of the game?
Colonists will like/dislike each other. It won't be as deep as I hoped, but there is a whole load of simulation behind the scenes that will give the AI behaviour some interesting detail.