My search-fu was lacking (in my defense its not an straight to find info), but it did stop me from some further questions.Might be worth you checking out the Kickstarter updates as I did a big QA at some point and I think I covered some of this
Alas, i was unable to find such text. A link perhaps?I've gone into detail on the climate simulation so you can read up about that.
Now for further questions time!
1) I've read around here and the kickstarter, but haven't found much clue on the backstory of the game. I gather that its year 2113 and its the first colonization program. Also its a survival mission. Explain why is this a survival mission, what's happening back on earth? Who's running the gig? What kind of support is Earth giving? Are the colonists on their own once they reach Maia?(Why, did they lose contact?). How long was the trip? What happened to their ship, or ships? Is there an orbital station? Space docks?
If there's backing, then there should probably be colonists immigration/emigration. Despite game difficulty.
If they are colonizing because "the sun is gonna blow earth over" then sure its a survival mission. If its not that bad then there will be more purposes for the colony: "scientific pursues, colonization spreading, economic mining, economic tourism, etc". Or is this some kind of bio-dome experiment "good luck out there until we check you guys in a year or so" ?
2) What kind of life support system will the game feature? A CELLS i believe?
I mean, there will be oxygen, waste, water and food management right?
They will poop, wash and shower?
3) Please comment on the size of the colony. How many peeps are there gonna be, some kind of hard maximum? (instead of sustainability max.)
I read you are thinking of introducing children and an aging process. Is it feasible?
Taking the average 6 minutes per in-game day, that would mean one year in-game is gonna take what 30+ hours? or 500+ hours for a young adult to develop? I dunno, i may be way off here because i really suck at math.
Of course that won't be a problem if: time ellipses. Between missions most probably.
In case you do introduce. Make children killable. Fallout had it and it didn't upset the world balance. Oh oh oh, how about death and gory death animations????
4) Since children are a possibility, i infer that sex will be in the game? Is there gonna be just some under-the-sheets goofiness a la Sims or maybe censored pixels?
Encounters are gonna be restricted to bedding quarters or Staff Sargeant John Mcnoodles and Medical Officer Amanda Jones can meet at the pumping room for some steamy sex pumping?
5) Same as previous post: How private quarters (and individuality for that matter) are gonna be handled? Can you assign beds for example?
6) Since your kickstarter achievements made campaign possible, what's the latest idea on how the colony will be handled over several missions?
That is, it's just a single colony that you keep increasing over time? Maybe more than one colony? WIll we be able to kick forth and back if there's more than one? Perhaps some sort of global scale management.
How i envision: A central colony and quite possibly several sister colonies that must be created as the plot moves on, with you going back to main and perhaps a few of the other ones. For example developing a new tech in a forward base and putting it to use in your main; discovering a new enemy and having to deal with in your main, etc.
Meaning: In games like this, we develop our colony/dungeon/station and get attached to it, often staying for long periods after the mission is done. That said, we do get over it after a while and it's always challenging / fun creating a colony from scratch. So i suggest giving us the best of two worlds.
7) Somewhere you mentioned how everyone will have different sets of skills but that they won't be stated, having you to figure that out.
I do understand that reasoning, although it has its flaws: Who are the guys going to Maia? Who picks them? Won't they have a detailed dossier explaining they past expertise and what they specialized/worked with?
Of course, that may be what you already going for, then i just misinterpreted what i read. In that case disregard this question.
Ah well, that would be a pet dream anyways. Maybe Maia 2 will have itThe colonies won't be that grandiose. This is basic survival!
Edit: Please, tell me of the non-existence of an ancient alien menace that can only be countered with the help of the also ancient but gentler alien cousins