Site Admin

Maia store open!

Post by SimoRoth » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:08 pm

http://maiagame.com/preorder.php

(Use the coupon GREENLIGHTER for a 21% discount.) Expired

Tikigod

Re: Maia store open!

Post by Tikigod » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:09 pm

For the sake of including it on the forums as well as on the pre-order page, keep in mind that you are getting the game pretty early on the builds available are starting to show signs of the game that will be delivered one day but as of 0.30 it is still not there so when pre-ordering and grabbing the latest build do not expect hours of gameplay... expect basic AI interactions as colonists just wander around building objects you place and also you building rooms that currently do not generally have a properly implemented role in most cases.

If you buy the game now and download the builds and approach them as more tech demos rather than getting a early game to play, you will probably get much more enjoyment from them and be a lot less disappointed. :D
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent - Isaac Asimov

My channel. Game recordings & old 3D art assets I've made.

DarkShrike

Post by DarkShrike » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:38 am

OOPS... wish I had read about the coupon code prior to purchasing the game. Oh well, if the final game is as good as I think it is going to be it is well worth what I paid.

Congratulations on hitting this next phase. Looking forward to seeing where things are and providing feedback.

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:19 am

DarkShrike wrote:OOPS... wish I had read about the coupon code prior to purchasing the game. Oh well, if the final game is as good as I think it is going to be it is well worth what I paid.

Congratulations on hitting this next phase. Looking forward to seeing where things are and providing feedback.
Thanks! I'll work hard to make sure you get your monies worth! :)

TSRViper

Post by TSRViper » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:40 am

Yeah! Downloading now!!

Missed the coupon discount but that's ok, Maia is worth it :D

fredd38

Post by fredd38 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi!
The game looks great but...
Where am I supposed to use the coupon? When I try to preorder the game I can't see any coupon field.
Am I blind?

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:29 pm

fredd38 wrote:Hi!
The game looks great but...
Where am I supposed to use the coupon? When I try to preorder the game I can't see any coupon field.
Am I blind?
You put the coupon code in when you enter your payment details.

Click "update coupon" when you enter the code.

fredd38

Post by fredd38 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Oh, I see, thanks a lot for the fast answer!
But I'm afraid there is no option to use the coupon if we choose paypal.
In that case, it passes the screen you attached, and go straight to paypal (at least for me).
This is not really an issue for me, but I think some people might find this information useful :)

Thanks again!

Edit:
Ok, it seems that if you choose use a card, put the coupon there, and then go to the previous page, the coupon will be activated and the promotion applied if you then want to pay with paypal.

Malfious

Post by Malfious » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:53 pm

fredd38 wrote:Oh, I see, thanks a lot for the fast answer!
But I'm afraid there is no option to use the coupon if we choose paypal.
In that case, it passes the screen you attached, and go straight to paypal (at least for me).
This is not really an issue for me, but I think some people might find this information useful :)

Thanks again!

Edit:
Ok, it seems that if you choose use a card, put the coupon there, and then go to the previous page, the coupon will be activated and the promotion applied if you then want to pay with paypal.
You get taken to the confirmation page after going through Paypal, there you can enter the coupon before confirming your order

ThtCooperFellow

Post by ThtCooperFellow » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:25 am

Hey, just wondering when the preorder MIGHT be launched on Steam. I'm not expecting promises.

And don't worry DarkShrike. I missed it too. I was so excited I could finally get a key that I just jumped straight to the site to buy. Plus, its nothing compare to the bullshit a company will try to charge you for pre order. I'm confident in the abilities of Simon from what I've been able to glean from videos and previews so far. Simon! Please, if it's not in yet is there any way (maybe through an Expansion in the future) to make the game world continuously expanding as the player goes further? Are there aliens (intelligent or otherwise) to kill? Can we eventually make a little colonial militia? Ok, those might be a bit much. I was just wishing a bit.