Suggestion: Suggestions

Talk about the game
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Riftnaster
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Suggestion: Suggestions

Post by Riftnaster » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:42 am

So, I didn't find a suggestion thread or anything.

Thus, I have 2 suggestions...

Firstly, a suggestions forum (to suggest things you want to see in the game...oddly enough).

Secondly, I suggest that a colonist/robot list be created - this can be used to locate colonists and robot(s?) that have become lost, although I'm not sure what good that will do atm...since you cannot force them to move somewhere else...

Riftnaster
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Suggestion: Suggestions

Post by Riftnaster » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:05 am

Or is it too early for that?

Might be the creator(s?) already have that planned.

Colonist M

Post by Colonist M » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:22 pm

I would imagine that Simon already has this listed for future development, seems the common sense approach.

Kind of like the 'colonist locators' from Aliens ;)

Skabben

Post by Skabben » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:26 am

I'm hijacking this thread for some thoughts and suggestions. This thread should really be a sticky imo.

Anyways, I'm new here. I just got the game in 0.38 Alpha build after a friend saw it on steam and suggested it to me. And I have some thoughts about it.

First of all, the atmosphere and graphic style is amazing. I really love this kind of gritty, old-school sci-fi feel. Very good job on that. Also I know the game is in very early development so these are more general wishes from my part.

So lets get on to my thoughts after 15 minutes of playing the game:

1. When I first started the game, I got a tutorial message telling me how to control the camera and everything. That was nice and all. But then the next message popped up just seconds later before I got the chance to try what the previous message told me to do. And then the next message popped up, and the next, and the next. You get my point. Would be nice to get the time to try what the tutorial message told me before the next appeared.

2. When I got through the tutorial. A new message appeared with my first objective, "build a worktable" or something like that. I did not realize I had to set up a workshop and then build a worktable inside it. More info would be nice.

3. The colonists seemed unresponsive to my build orders. I did not get any feedback that the colonists even knew I had placed a build order or if they were on their way building. Instead they complained that I should build a worktable again. After a while, all three colonists went to build the stuff in a conga line. Some feedback would be nice here to know what the heck the colonists are up to and are planning to do. Maybe some priority cue or something á la The Sims?

4. At first I had no clue what the robot was supposed to do. I tried to click at him like an idiot until I read the "?" in the upper left corner and found out that you could mine. And of he went hacking.

5. Rotating and removing build orders or even build items would be a nice feature. Maybe LMB to place, RMB to delete? Also removing rooms and areas would be nice.

6. Something that annoyed me quite a bit was that the 1 - 0 selection of rooms and V - B selection of items. Would feel more natural to use the scroll wheel or a menu for better overview of what there is to build in each area.

7. Another annoying part was that when I had selected something to build, and moved the cursor close to a wall, it changed to the door. Like if I wanted to build a door.

8. I never understood what the rumbling/earthquakes was about?

9. At one point, mining with the robot. The lights in my base started flashing red. I had no idea what that was going on, and then it stopped again and all seemed just fine?

10. I bet you know about dwarf fortress? This game feels a bit like that game. You can't control the dwarves, but they all have designated tasks and jobs. Maybe the colonists could have something like that too?

11. Would be cool with some more background info or bio about the colonists too.

That's all I could think of for now. I really look forward following this game! Keep up the great work!

Riftnaster

Post by Riftnaster » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:45 am

Another suggestion:

In the Tech support forum, sticky a thread with the following info, or something along these lines:

If you get a white screen on startup (openGL issue?), please visit the official website for your video card or chip and update your drivers to the most recent version.

Seems like alot of people are having this issue at the moment.

ove bababoke

Post by ove bababoke » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:46 am

I know it`s too early but... What about localisation? I mean I could translate all the game into russian)