how on earth do i play

Talk about the game
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jmevans89
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

how on earth do i play

Post by jmevans89 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:55 pm

i have built rooms 3x3 as it suggests. i have no more room left and cant figure out how to remove the rocks. also how do i save and my people just stand around doing nothing. beyond frustrated!

Broadsword

Re: how on earth do i play

Post by Broadsword » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:52 pm

I share your frustration, Colonists just stand around and the only thing happening is the imp mining away at the rocks. It's a little frustrating as this issue has been present for a few patches now. Before you go jumping all over me and shouting it's Alpha I am well aware of this fact, however I feel it would be far more important to get this very basic aspect of the build sorted before adding polish like load screens and additional menu features. At present the current build (0.38) only shows (in my opinion) a proof of concept at the very least.

Ai still clips through walls, stops responding, seems to have no collision detection with other ai, wander outside and die etc etc There is still an issue with alt-tab and returning to a blank screen. Problems that have been stated as "endearing" quite frankly beggar belief when referring to "Bricking" someones PC because of an issue with reproducing chickens, and it being "amusing" even more frustrating when it's stated that you should remove but have chosen not too.

I feel that there should be more of a focus on producing a build that actually allows those that have made a financial investment into the building of the game something to do other than look at a screen with non functioning content. Even with the very very early builds of Minecraft and Blockscape to name a couple of early release "Alpha's" there was content there to keep anyone occupied for more than five minutes.

I am sorry if this is all a little on the negative side but I do feel that it needs to be said.

SimoRoth
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by SimoRoth » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Have you read the guides? The AI is shakey yes, but in it's current state they will build a complete working base.

There will be a large patch on Monday that fixes some of the AI glitching.
i have no more room left and cant figure out how to remove the rocks.
Use the interaction mode to click them to get the IMPs to remove them?

Riftnaster

Post by Riftnaster » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:38 pm

Snide response: You don't, because the game doesn't take place on earth.

More seriously, the text that shows up gives a few hints, and there is a guide on the forums somewhere that has more concise and detailed information.

Maverique

Post by Maverique » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:56 pm

I didn't know about the guide! Thanks for mentioning it.