Crew keep dying within about 15 mins of starting

Talk about the game
jeej

Crew keep dying within about 15 mins of starting

Post by jeej » Sun May 11, 2014 9:49 am

I got this game a few days ago, and each time I play it, within 15 minutes or so all my crew are lying on the floor unresponsive. Just want to make sure I'm not making some astronomical n00b error or something, so can someone explain to me the basics of not allowing that to happen, please?

First thing I do is build the workshop with a table and drill. Then I get the robot to dig up some rocks. Then I build wind turbines and a few other bits outside to give my base power.

Is it that I'm not building the atmosphere generator quick enough or something?

Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Aardwolf

Re: Crew keep dying within about 15 mins of starting

Post by Aardwolf » Sun May 11, 2014 10:37 am

I'm new at this but here's a few suggestions:
1. build beds and couches, I usually put down a bed for each colonist and about 2 couches after building a worktable.
2. ignore the drill at first, start with a table or 2 then start with the atmosphere generators and power.
3. Not sure how fast food and water runs out, build water stills alongside your wind turbines or solar panels.

Again, I'm totally new to Maia, but I think that might do the trick.

jeej

Post by jeej » Mon May 12, 2014 9:34 am

Aardwolf wrote:I'm new at this but here's a few suggestions:
1. build beds and couches, I usually put down a bed for each colonist and about 2 couches after building a worktable.
2. ignore the drill at first, start with a table or 2 then start with the atmosphere generators and power.
3. Not sure how fast food and water runs out, build water stills alongside your wind turbines or solar panels.

Again, I'm totally new to Maia, but I think that might do the trick.
Thanks a lot for the tips!

d3lf

Post by d3lf » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:06 pm

After building beds, they all climbed into their beds and lay there for like 15 minutes before dying of fatigue. :(