Translation [Unofficial German]

Talk about the game
Tausret

Translation [Unofficial German]

Post by Tausret » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:34 am

Hello Simon,

Here the XML files, which I have translated into German.
If you're new to translate, I do that too.

:D
Attachments
GermanTranslation.zip
(23.38 KiB) Downloaded 103 times

Tausret

Re: Translation

Post by Tausret » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:09 am

There are a few problems in the game with the German language.
It is missing some letters, because they do not exist in English. We call them Umlaute Ä, Ü, Ö and ß.

In the tutorial a few lines are not displayed correctly, because the German text is either longer or shorter.

In-Game i see some text, that not exist in the text files to translate, especially at the doors. If you still need the translation of the articles, please send me a list, I translate it then.

Ok.....i think that was it.... :shock:

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Re: Translation [Unofficial German]

Post by SimoRoth » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:34 am

Awesome I'll check it out!

I think those characters may be in the font map, but I may be parsing them wrong. I will have a look.
In-Game i see some text, that not exist in the text files to translate, especially at the doors. If you still need the translation of the articles, please send me a list, I translate it then.
Yeah a lot of text is coded into the game at the moment. As the game matures we take it out and put it into the XML files. There will be more for that soon.

DerRidda

Re: Translation [Unofficial German]

Post by DerRidda » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:29 pm

Not bad, though I have to ask myself why you didn't translate words like "Tools" and "Buttons". Tools is really only used untranslated when referring to software tools, never actual hardware tools.
And while buttons is commonly used for UI buttons it would simply be more appropriate to translate it.
Maia is simulation enough that your dad might want to play it and your dad might as well have grown up in East Germany and speaks Russian better than English, so much so, that even buttons is a strange and unknown word to him.