Official greetings thread! Pop in and introduce yourself.

Talk about the game
randommonicle

Official greetings thread! Pop in and introduce yourself.

Post by randommonicle » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:29 pm

I did not see an introduce yourself thread, so figured i would kill two birds with one stone :)

I have recentl discovered this little gem when surfing the web, and i have to say i am entralled.

My name is Ben and i am an avid gamer. I am from the UK. And i cannot wait for pre-order to open. TAKE MY MONEY :D
Burn with me

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Re: Official greetings thread! Pop in and introduce yourself

Post by SimoRoth » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:34 pm

Great point! This is now the official greetings thread. *Stickied* :)

So Everyone, introduce yourselves!

I'm Simon, the guy who's making this game. I'm a developer at Mode 7 Games (who made Frozen Synapse) and this is my side project!

DerRidda

Post by DerRidda » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Hello, my name is DerRidda and I'm from the Internet! ;)

Found out about Maia through the RPS coverage and have now bookmarked the pre-order page.

I'm also one of those insane Linux gamers (preferably, not exclusively) and remember a great many long nights with Dungeon Keeper 2 not knowing WTF I was doing but having tons of fun nevertheless way back in the day.

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:03 pm

DerRidda wrote:I'm also one of those insane Linux gamers
Welcome to the forum!

What flavor of Linux do you game on? I'm pretty nervous about doing a Linux release. When I did VVVVVV, things were a bit shaky and took several patches to get people happy with it. :oops:

CaptainBinky

Post by CaptainBinky » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:07 pm

Hello, I'm CaptainBinky and I heard about this game because Simon tweeted about it incessantly a month or two back filling my entire twitter stream with a countdown and then never actually revealed what on Earth the game actually was ;)

DerRidda

Post by DerRidda » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:24 pm

SimoRoth wrote:
DerRidda wrote:I'm also one of those insane Linux gamers
Welcome to the forum!

What flavor of Linux do you game on? I'm pretty nervous about doing a Linux release. When I did VVVVVV, things were a bit shaky and took several patches to get people happy with it. :oops:
Check out my post in the System specs thread. It's Ubuntu 12.04.
As for Linux gamers I'm most active in the big huge Linux Thread on the Steam forums and usually idling in #steamlug on freenode. I already pitched your game a bit in that thread but as soon as pre-orders go up you should make your presence known yourself and just get enough people to have a rich set of players that will test your game.
Desura is also a place where you should show presence as they are the go-to place for Linux gamers seeing as they are the only ones with a real Linux client at this point.

EDIT: Also; Great job on VVVVVV, I was busy dying a lot in that game and I noticed no bugs that would have spoiled all the fun I had while doing so.

Wicstar

Post by Wicstar » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Hello my Name is Michael ! I live in Canada.

I discovered your game through a friend that retweeted Simon.
I love games. I have my own Minecraft server, loved Terraria, can't wait for Starbound. I am also working on my own game with Construct 2.
Your game look appealing and pretty much what I am looking for !

Can't wait to see my face on a character in the hehe !

Cheers !

-Michael

TH0TH

Post by TH0TH » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:41 am

I widely go by variants of TH0TH, I'm from a dull picturesque town in bedfordshire. :P

I have been keeping an eye on your Maia twitter stream since the earliest teases 14th of feb. I can wait I know how to wait...
Have you ever played Evil Genius, I do hope you have since it's along the same lines ... generally and it's definitely got some good bits to it, did always dislike losing lives of my henchmen though, but a few mods and a vastly increased max population always helps. :D
Any Idea when I can start throwing money at you and get something bare bones to marvel at?
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" -Spider Jerusalem

Belsameth

Post by Belsameth » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:00 am

I'm Belsameth, a slightly too obsessive gamer from .nl

Really looking forward to thisone and can't wait till the pre-order is live!
Might I suggest forgoing on sleep for the forseeable future? ;)

UKBenz

Post by UKBenz » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:32 pm

Hi there! My name is Ben, I'm from the UK and I am to say the least, a bit of a gamer.

Was introduced to the website by Randommonicle and after reading through the blogs and such I am hoping to see a great outcome for this game, looks highly promising!

Definately up for helping out this project in any way I can even if it's just throwing a bit of money at it.