Official greetings thread! Pop in and introduce yourself.

Talk about the game
Alryn

Re: Official greetings thread! Pop in and introduce yourself

Post by Alryn » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi, I've been playing pc games since the commodore vic20 as Capt Kirk recommends lol... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK9VU1aJvTI
My favourite games have been space of course since playing Elite for many hours.

UnnaturalDeletion

Post by UnnaturalDeletion » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Hello all I'm Unnatural Deletion. I've been playing the vidya games since I was 5. Started out slaying nazis in castle wolfenstein.

Aardwolf

Post by Aardwolf » Sat May 10, 2014 6:26 pm

Greetings all, I'm Aardwolf :mrgreen: ... I bought this game today and besides all the crashes and bugs I am super amped to see this game grow... I absolutely cannot wait for the next patch to arrive, great job Simon...

Eigengrau

Post by Eigengrau » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Eigengrau here, always looking for interesting new games, very unimpressed with the amount of projects getting greenlit these days but when I checked out Maia I was very impressed with the direction it was going in, as a fan of Dungeon Keeper 1 being my childhood game, I could see the resemblance and possibility for a really great game. :)

I can see the game is a little buggy right now and hope to submit any issues I can.

A little about myself, I do sound design from a musical point of view, I make soundscape like compositions using collected field recordings and make new sounds out of them, making blends of acoustics, electronics, drones, often creating minimalistic soundscapes, I've collaborated live with London symphony orchestra performers to create live improvisations (next show is next month).

Besides sound stuff I'm a media student and am practising film making / production / post production, I'm trying out a little 3d modelling at the moment with maya to try gain some basic skills and branch into acquiring animation skills too.

I'm a keen photographer and when I'm not doing anything else I'll usually be out with my lovely 35 mm Nikon cameras taking photos.
Eigengrau - 16161d.bandcamp.com
[steamcommunity.com/id/zoahk]

vkmicro

Post by vkmicro » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:26 am

Hey uhmm, I'm vk or vkmicro whichever you prefer to call me, both work. I just got the game when it was on a big sale on steam and was really excited about the purchase. (thanks for the sale btw :D )

About myself- I have been in numerous closed betas and early access games before, so I will do my best reporting any bugs I encounter on the way. I'm majoring in computer science and do a lot of just random learning because I enjoy learning new things, I also love games, especially games like this where I can just relax and enjoy the game. Hmm, what else... I play a lot of games and I like a lot of different genres, also I like forums, been a mod on many different forums in my life so I enjoy posting on forums :D

Tested the game and played for about an hour and all I could say was- Wow, this game is already awesome, can't even imagine how awesome it will be when it's done. Didn't even encounter any serious bugs or crashes yet, had an issue where my game dropped FPS after switching off the screen few times (I run dual screen so a lot of alt tabbing as you can probably imagine) and yeah, after few alt tabs the game just dropped fps for some reason and everything was in slow motion which was funny to watch)

All in all, hello everyone and let's get this show on the road :D

Icemanau

Post by Icemanau » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:08 am

I'm Icemanau and I just joined from not so sunny Brisbane, Australia.

Saw the special on Steam and liked what I saw in the screen shots and video, so I brought the game.

Any bugs that I recognise, I will report but as I don't get much time to play games these days, I may be a bit behind others in reporting the same bugs...

Regards

Ruairí

Post by Ruairí » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Thought I'd finally get round to introducing myself.

Hi my name is Ruairí and I manage Maia's QA tasks, Be it reporting issues during my own playtesting or repo'ing/reporting ones from our forums.
Basically an Original backer who worked in the industry for several years before being poached by a slightly done over Simon at the Early access party.

Looking forward to helping out :)

Lowbrow

Post by Lowbrow » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:44 am

Hi! I'm a windows gamer that came across Maia on Steam. I've high hopes for the game and Simon.

sagom10

Post by sagom10 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:13 pm

My name is Greg from the USA and this thing does not work, frame rates are retarded and it keeps crashing with no codes, as well as everybody dying off of fatigue or starving even though ample everything is there....WTF ? enjoy my money thief.

randommonicle

Post by randommonicle » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Greg, you do know this game is still in alpha right?
Burn with me