Official greetings thread! Pop in and introduce yourself.

Talk about the game
fruitfly

Re: Official greetings thread! Pop in and introduce yourself

Post by fruitfly » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi, everybody! I've been following Maia since I heard about it through r/drawffortress. I donated to the kickstarter, too, though I haven't gotten an opportunity to check out the alpha yet. Anyways, I'm very excited about the game, it looks like it's going to be awesome!

Oh, by the way, my name is also Maia! So if you ever need a human billboard to advertise for the game, I'm your gal.

ownederd

Post by ownederd » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:47 pm

'ey, i'm Cameron and i hail from the New England on the east coast of the US. i'm a huge aficionado of 80s-90s of ambient music hailing from the British electronic wave of that era, with artists like Brian Eno, Robin Storey, and so forth. this game makes me feel very nostalgic about films like Alien, and i'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy of Maia so i can play it until 5 AM in the morning

PassionFruit

Post by PassionFruit » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Hey all,

I am thrilled to be here. The support is fast, responsive, and nice, and the game is a concept I've been dying to play for a while. I cannot wait to watch this grow and release. I am hoping for great success for this project as it surely bought me on concept, text, and screenies alone!

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:25 am

Welcome everyone. :)
i'm a huge aficionado of 80s-90s of ambient music hailing from the British electronic wave of that era, with artists like Brian Eno, Robin Storey, and so forth.
You're going to love the soundtrack!

Tikigod

Post by Tikigod » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:33 pm

ownederd wrote: and i'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy of Maia so i can play it until 5 AM in the morning
You'll stop at 5 AM?

Pffft, clearly not keen enough!

;)
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent - Isaac Asimov

My channel. Game recordings & old 3D art assets I've made.

irishbucsfan

Post by irishbucsfan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:51 pm

hello there! I've been wanting to take a shot at this for a long time, found out this morning that it was available and bought it straight away.

Unfortunately I had to go to work straight away and didnt get a change to take a shot at it, but I'll be back to it tonight :D

As for me, I'm an Irish guy living West of London, work for a web hostingy service providery sorta company.

bokkafa

Post by bokkafa » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:53 pm

hi folks bokkafa here, from istanbul/Turkey

been following Maia for a while and hoping to get myself non-steam version

dungeon master 2 is one of my all time fav.'s and can't wait for Maia!! :ugeek:

angelous

Post by angelous » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Helloo! I am Angelous, Big fan of DK and DK2 (and a backer of War of the Over-world) and excited about this game, already a backer and playing a bit with the alpha :) will try to break it and help with reporting the nasty bugs :)
Windows user, occasionaly running on the latest Ubuntu, Both a bit of a Musician and a Computer Programmer, so also would gladly help with something if the devs need some help

SilverWarior

Post by SilverWarior » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:05 am

Hi!
My name is Silvo and I come from Slovenia.
I usually use nickname SilverWarior around the internet.

I'm a self taught programmer and game developer myself. While I'm skilled mostly in Objective Pascal I'm still prepared to help in any way I can even to other programmers even if they develop their games using other programming languages.

Currently I'm working on several of my projects:
- UI library to be used with different graphical engines and probably even with different programming languages
- program for making graphical assets for games 2D only
- several game ideas
Before I manage to finish any of theese projects I would still have to learn several things myself but I'm slowly getting there.

So Simon as soon as you get those shaders compatible with level 3 pixel/vertex shadding I will eagerly test out your game and try to give you any suggestion on improving the game.
And of course I will try to find any bugs and report them to you.

Spartan190

Post by Spartan190 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi there,

I am Spartan190 and come from Germany. I read about the game on Steam today and watched some youtube videos. Then I thought about buying it and now I bought it :) Currently downloaded the latest build (test build). Looking forward to play it. Played Dungeon Keeper years ago but not really actively, just sometimes for fun.
I also like sci-fi so this game is a perfect combination of sci-fi, simulation and some sort of RTS. The best I like: it's an indie game and I am always amazed about the quality of indie games nowadays espacially with this small amount of ppl working on such games (I assume Simon is working alone on this game? That's really amazing).
I am currently studying applied informatics and maybe will work in game branch after it.