Blog - Minecon 2015

Talk about the game
Caroline

Blog - Minecon 2015

Post by Caroline » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:21 pm

Hey everyone!

This weekend we were invited to showcase Maia at Minecon in London! Simon, Nick Dymond (Maia's sound designer) and I headed over to London to demonstrate the game to the energetic Minecrafters and their not so energetic parents.

We had a fantastic time and got great feedback from some very enthusiastic players. A lot of young players stuck around our booth for hours, playing and replaying the game and helping other new players to learn.

Getting to meet a lot of other indie developers was also a highlight of the event. Since it's only my second event with Maia there was still a lot of people for me to meet. The sense of community among the group was very apparent and I found everyone very welcoming.
IMG_9230.jpg
[url=hhttps://twitter.com/lanbui/status/617756176411983872](Photo with Simon actually in by Ian Bui)[/url]

Thanks to Mojang for inviting us and Multiplay for supplying the equipment. Also thank you to John Polson and all the other indie developers who were there.

We've got an interesting update coming up soon. Here's a sneak peak!

Some of you may have noticed we started doing daily blog posts a while ago and suddenly stopped. Mostly, this was because we wanted to focus on quicker forms of communication. We've decided to do at least monthly ones posted straight on to the forums so you can reply. YEY

Woetoo

Re: Blog - Minecon 2015

Post by Woetoo » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:56 pm

Since I posted about this recently, I hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts...

I think the blog on the website is probably the best place for these sort of regular updates. Then cut-and-paste the blog post into a new forum thread. Then edit the blog post to include a link to the matching forum post so people can discuss it.

Then head onto the various social media hotspots and post links to the blog.

Honestly, the blog is prettier and more in keeping with the art style of the project.
Plus, anyone visiting just the main website might not look any further and wonder why the blog posts suddenly stopped on 30.03.2015.

Nice to see an update and that you guys are having fun out there.

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:08 pm

Woetoo wrote:I think the blog on the website is probably the best place for these sort of regular updates. Then cut-and-paste the blog post into a new forum thread. Then edit the blog post to include a link to the matching forum post so people can discuss it.
Don't worry we'll be posting the blog to the site at a more effective time tomorrow(and linking to here). I just wrote this quick so we had something out there. :)

EDIT:
Woetoo wrote:Honestly, the blog is prettier and more in keeping with the art style of the project.
This is true but we had a few people say they were having trouble reading it. :(

Woetoo

Post by Woetoo » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:27 pm

Caroline wrote:[...] but we had a few people say they were having trouble reading it. :(
Aye, but it reflects a style which is similar enough to the game to make sense.
Sure, someone could change the website to have the clarity and easy reading potential of eBay or Amazon. But then it'd be "not Maia" - where's the fun in that?

Sometimes it's okay not to please everyone.
Diversity is good.
By all means listen to our feedback... but don't act on all of it unless it matches your vision... down that road lies mediocrity.