War for the Overworld

Talk about other games
asmduty

Re: War for the Overworld

Post by asmduty » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi,

I found Maia thanks to War For The Overworld (they backed Maia).
The kickstarter is ending soon (in 7 hours) and the game has been funded at 200 000 / 150 000.

That's really great to have 3 games similar to Dungeon Keeper (Maia, War Fot The Overworld, Impire) in 2013 whereas there where nothing since 2000 (Dungeons was nothing for me because it was really bad).

Post by AvatarIII » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:33 am

I think it's a stretch to call Impire a Dungeon Keeper like game, and I think you'll be disappointed if you think of it as a Dungeon Keeper game. from what I can tell, all it shares with DK is the aesthetic, just like Dungeons did, and look how many people that disappointed.

Impire has the potential to be a good traditional RTS with a twist, but a God game it is not.

There is less than £300 to go until the Richard Ridings stretch goal (via paypal donations) if anyone is interested.

Post by AvatarIII » Thu May 16, 2013 12:55 pm

Beta is out know by the way. https://wftogame.com/beta.html

Mark

Post by Mark » Thu May 16, 2013 9:23 pm

I downloaded the Bedrock Beta via Steam yesterday and had a good play around.
A few bugs and tweeks needed but it really has come a long way since the last public unity build.

I have to say though - it didn't crash once in over an hour of digging, placing, casting etc.
DKII would have crashed three times in that time.

The look is really coming along, the mechanics are getting better but is completely devoid of the atmosphere at the moment.
Once it gets a soundtrack and a few personality's written in then it will be a very different experience.

They are doing a great job, and have been quite open with the obstacles they have faced so far.

[img]http://burninglegion.org/forum/download ... ig.png/img]

^^^^^Please turn BBcode ON in signatures^^^^^

b0rsuk

Post by b0rsuk » Sun May 19, 2013 9:55 pm

The main reason I haven't backed this is: they don't seem to have a single competent caricature artist. DK creatures were ALL caricatures.

Mr Understanding

Post by Mr Understanding » Tue May 21, 2013 6:45 pm

I've tried to be as cynical as possible with this game (still backed it the second I saw the kickstarter page though, derp), but after playing the beta/alpha/whatever I can totally see this filling the void that DK3 has left.

I'm still afraid to hope though. :)

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri May 24, 2013 12:45 pm

I've been following these guys for about two years, before they formed Subterranean Games, through a website move, through a team breakup & IP split.
It's been a tough time foe the core members but they have never lost the focus of what they wanted to make.
They started as DK Fans & Modders (not programmers and engineers) that got together and taught themselves a few things about projects and programming, and here they are.

If there is any hope for a pure DK3 like experience then WftO is it.

I'm like every other DK fan out there who has waited nearly 15 years for a true DK3 clone to be made.
If they can nail the atmosphere and humour it will be an instant classic.
[img]http://burninglegion.org/forum/download ... ig.png/img]

^^^^^Please turn BBcode ON in signatures^^^^^