prison architect

Talk about other games
Nettle

Re: prison architect

Post by Nettle » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:20 pm

This is now available on Steam! Those of you who've already bought it, just go to the download link they keep emailing you to get your key.

Emjay

Post by Emjay » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Im a little unsure as to how playable this game is.

By the looks of the intro footage the guy voicing over it seems to make it appear very amateurish and unclear as to what is functioning and if anything is at all.

It does look interesting and ive always wanted to get into a decent version of Prison Tycoon. So tell me, is it worth getting now (via steam) or is it best to hold out?

Also slightly unrelated but what do you think of getting maia on the early access with steam, Simon? Would it be beneficial or just not possible right now? (curiosity not whining to get it done :) )

randommonicle

Post by randommonicle » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:13 pm

It is very much worth getting, while you have to remember that is is still an alpha, and most probably will be for some time (introversion here) the functionality and merits of the alpha alone, and the already large selection of mods available from the forums, make this a gem worth having.
Burn with me

Nettle

Post by Nettle » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:05 am

Honestly, I don't play it that much. It's fun for a while, and one day it's gonna be a great game, but it's also a rather buggy mess.

Emjay

Post by Emjay » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:40 pm

I bit the bullet and bought it.

While im impressed by how well it plays (considoring its an alpha) im already getting bored with it and ive only had it for 3 or so days.

That said im sure to keep hopping on for months to come.

I also bought Kenshi at the same time which is a hell of a lot more buggy and almost completely pointless to play but ive enjoyed it far more than Prison architect so far.

randommonicle

Post by randommonicle » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:29 pm

Take a look on the forums and grab the GFC mod. Ads a lot of replayability.
Burn with me