Impire

Talk about other games
randommonicle

Impire

Post by randommonicle » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:06 pm

Have seen bits of this floating around on the net for a while na dhvae just seen it is available on steam. Has anyone here grabbed it yet? What are your thoughts?
Burn with me

Meneth

Re: Impire

Post by Meneth » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:48 pm

randommonicle wrote:Have seen bits of this floating around on the net for a while na dhvae just seen it is available on steam. Has anyone here grabbed it yet? What are your thoughts?
From TotalBiscuit's video on it it seems pretty bad, sadly.

Fleug

Post by Fleug » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:11 am

Impire is disappointing on so many levels. I pre-ordered it based on the pre-alpha video I saw months ago, it didn't change so much since then. Multiplayer is still in beta... Sadly another game that could have been great, but they rushed to "finish" it and now it's out and bad.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueFleugSpirit
French YouTuber / Indie Games lover

Belsameth

Post by Belsameth » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:23 am

Fleug wrote:Impire is disappointing on so many levels. I pre-ordered it based on the pre-alpha video I saw months ago, it didn't change so much since then. Multiplayer is still in beta... Sadly another game that could have been great, but they rushed to "finish" it and now it's out and bad.
I actually love it, with all its flaws. I'm a disturbed individual tho, so that probably helps... :p

Gazz

Post by Gazz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:18 am

The game isn't terrible but the combat is implemented very badly.
The targeting is fickle as hell, there is no feedback on what "markers" you have set for which heroe(s?) and even with the squad system you have less control than in good old Dungeon Keeper.

Building... should go back to the drawing board.
You can't build rooms without having corridors so you must build the corridors first.
While doing so you cannot see what size of spot you need to leave so the room might not even fit when you're allowed to place it! Who came up with that turd of an implementation?
A blueberry muffin is more than the sum of it's crumbs.

randommonicle

Post by randommonicle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:48 am

Damn not sounding too positive then.

And yes bel, you are disturbed :P
Burn with me