ArmA III

Talk about other games
SimoRoth
Site Admin

ArmA III

Post by SimoRoth » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Anyone trying out the Alpha yet? I am resisting the temptation... must work moreee.

Studdart

Re: ArmA III

Post by Studdart » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:02 am

Purchased it this morning, hoping to have a play with the settings later today to see what I can get out of it, hopefully it's better optimised than the Arma II engine.
I'll get my coat...

pvtbones

Post by pvtbones » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:03 am

I have it, I haven't really had too much time to sit down and crack at it yet though. one thing so far I'm really impressed with is the performance actually. if feels like I'm getting the same performance as I did in ARMA2 or perhaps better.
windows 7 64bit
8gbs ram
ati 7770

Intel Core i5 3570k @ 3.40ghz

FullMetalMonkey

Post by FullMetalMonkey » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:51 pm

I've been playing the ARMA series since Bohemia Interactive released Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis (ARMA: Cold War Crisis now) and probably clocked up well over 10,000 hours over the course of the series.

I'm enjoying ARMA 3, it IS buggy but then that should be expected for an alpha but i have to admit that despite its bugs, its performance is the best of the series so far and its without a doubt the best looking. Some of the new features to ARMA 3 such as the 3 height stances is pretty cool as you can now properly hide behind cover and still have mobility.

I do have some issues but hopefully they will be fixed.

I really don't like the flight model for the helicopters. I don't know what it is abut they feel really off. I do have a flight stick but tend to prefer keyboard and mouse to fly in ARMA and i just can't get used to it. Ground vehicle handling has changed too but its mostly for the better, although the physics are a little ropey at the moment but BIS have said that they are looking to fix it.

The new gear menu is very welcomed but i personally never had issue with the previous system but the on the fly moddable weapons is good but i, for some reason, think it cheapens having a 'good' gun without optics attached or a 'bad' gun with optics attached as you can now just remove the optics from one weapon and transfer it over.

TH0TH

Post by TH0TH » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:22 am

I've been enjoying it, theres the Dev build beta channel you can switch it to for more up to the minute updates. From what i recall the helicopters flight model is taking a lot from take on helicopters, but how integrated it is i've no idea, you can port most maps and addons from a2 with only a few glitches. :P

Dev Branch changelog; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.p ... -changelog

I've been playing since the original cold war crisis demo, and have been repeatedly killed whilst hiding out in a variety of foilage, am renowned for being a crazy helicopter pilot, who doesn't often crash, but i can stay a few m above tree lines for most maps, still adjusting to the newer flight model, that reminds me, must see if there are any plane mods so i can try my old a2 mission that pits several waves of fighters against each other during the night, think it was a couple of hundred in the end, generally brings my pc to its knees, but damn entertaining to watch even at 12 fps. :D
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" -Spider Jerusalem

Post by AvatarIII » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:01 pm

FullMetalMonkey wrote:I've been playing the ARMA series since Bohemia Interactive released Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis (ARMA: Cold War Crisis now) and probably clocked up well over 10,000 hours over the course of the series.
Holy Crap, I didn't actually Realise that OFP was (sort of) the first ARMA game! I remember playing that years ago! i wonder how Bohemia managed to keep the rights to the game itself but not the OFP brand name

johnywilson

Post by johnywilson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:49 am

I've been playing the ARMA series only during my freetime since I've got a lot business to do.
But I enjoy so much while playing.

Klax

Post by Klax » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:12 pm

Iv got like 200 hours logged in arma 3 so far, very fun game i cant wait for the full release. Played OFP and arma 2 (i didnt buy it till Dayz because it ran very poorly on my comp) before it but skipped arma 1 due to it running poorly and being a mess of a game.

Extremely stable and polished alpha/beta, almost to the detriment of other alpha/beta games. If arma 3 was my first alpha game id be pretty mad when i picked up other alpha games and saw how unplayable/unpolished they are.

Consul

Post by Consul » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Well Bohemia just released the crown jewel on the dev build... Altis :D I've been taking in the sights for an hour or two now, simply marvelous.

Spartan190

Post by Spartan190 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:29 pm

I am playing it in my clan with ACRE (radio/talk simulation via teamspeak) and the game is really cool. Some days ago they released the last unit types (tanks, artillery, a jet and some other stuff) in the dev build. Release is set for 12th September.