Company of Heroes 2

Talk about other games
Gorb

Company of Heroes 2

Post by Gorb » Fri May 17, 2013 10:47 am

Hey let's kick this off with a video:

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/05/15/com ... commentary

Was in the alpha, surprisingly stable considering Relic's past releases (ahem Dawn of War 2. Absolutely love that game, but was handling unofficial tech support around release and Christ it was a hellfest). Was in the closed beta, everything was massively improved. Current rumours are an open beta in advance of the game's release date (in June?).

Anybody else an RTS fan? Or even a WW2 fan? I despise WW2 settings, never got into CoH, but CoH 2's gameplay reminds me of the best of DoW 2 (and CoH) which is why I'm a fan.

Also, Blizzard maps are fun.
I am an Iron Warrior! Iron Within, Iron Without!

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Re: Company of Heroes 2

Post by SimoRoth » Fri May 17, 2013 11:02 am

Absolutely loved the first. When THQ went under I was freaking out that it and Metro would get canned!

Mr Understanding

Post by Mr Understanding » Tue May 21, 2013 6:52 pm

I own the first CoH and played the beta for the sequel, but I still can't get into it. My love for Dawn of War borders on the perverse, so I've always wanted to like CoH as well but it's just not happening. Especially with all those dam mortars.

I have a weird relationship with RTS, I love the genre but I'm depressingly bad at them. If it wasn't for easy/medium AIs I don't know what I would do. Well, I might learn how to play I suppose...

randommonicle

Post by randommonicle » Tue May 21, 2013 11:12 pm

I suck as well. Very much so, yet i love them. Im always up for a multiplayer match with another sucky player if you are interested?
Burn with me

Studdart

Post by Studdart » Wed May 22, 2013 7:19 pm

Got the first one as well, keep being tempted by the early access on steam, but trying to put off until it's actually out before I splash some pennys.

I'll add my name to the list of people who love the game but generally suck...
I'll get my coat...