HEX MMO TCG Kickstarter

Talk about other games
Heresy

HEX MMO TCG Kickstarter

Post by Heresy » Sat May 18, 2013 1:46 am

I am so excited about this! Imagine Magic: The Gathering but digital and highly polished. It's still in Alpha at the moment. Check out the Kickstarter!

"From the creators of the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game, HEX is a TCG / MMO that combines the best of both for your PC & MAC."
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze ... me_popular

and their website:

http://hextcg.com/

Tikigod

Re: HEX MMO TCG Kickstarter

Post by Tikigod » Sat May 18, 2013 5:27 pm

There's already Magic the gathering online, I think calling themselves "The first ever TCG MMO" is a tad short sighted. :)

http://www.wizards.com/magic/digital/magiconline.aspx

Looking at some of those default styled GUI elements, looks like they're also using Unity3D and OnGUI interface creation which isn't the most efficient thing in the world. ;)

Game itself looks solid enough though, certainly another thing to consider alongside the existing online TCGs around.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent - Isaac Asimov

My channel. Game recordings & old 3D art assets I've made.

Heresy

Post by Heresy » Sat May 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Ah but MtG: Duels of the Planewalkers is strictly a PvP digital trading card game. It was the first digital TCG. Hex is combining World of Warcraft with Magic and adding depth.

Hex is combining the community elements of World of Warcraft PvE play (former devs and all) with loot, dungeons, clans and raids, with a traditonal PvP interface, tournaments and world series. There will be a Diablo style economy and auction house. It's a brilliant combination as it covers everyone's preferences. The amount of card content they got planned for upcoming sets is staggering, each card tracks it stats, has unlockable equipment and socketable slots, which permanently changes artwork and grows the card in power.

It's stuff which MtG has never dreamed of, plus its by Cryptozoic, who know what they are doing.

Don't forget the GUI is pre-alpha. Beta due September, Release May 2014.

(Stops babbling, Breathes)

... I love Kickstarter for games. So far I've had Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (FPS) & Tales of London; Silver Tree (Story RPG) from it. We've got Maia in the pipeline, also for me 'Sir, You are being Hunted' (Survival FPS) and now Hex. Plus I got some unusual digital art prints from a random student I backed in San Francisco the other month.

b0rsuk

Post by b0rsuk » Sun May 19, 2013 9:51 pm

Microtransaction-based ? No, thanks. CCG's are the definition of "Pay to win". And no Linux version.

After playing card games like Dominions, Neuroshima Hex! and Seasons, I'm not easily impressed anymore.

Tikigod

Post by Tikigod » Tue May 21, 2013 12:56 pm

Heresy wrote:Ah but MtG: Duels of the Planewalkers is strictly a PvP digital trading card game. It was the first digital TCG. Hex is combining World of Warcraft with Magic and adding depth.

Hex is combining the community elements of World of Warcraft PvE play (former devs and all) with loot, dungeons, clans and raids, with a traditonal PvP interface, tournaments and world series. There will be a Diablo style economy and auction house. It's a brilliant combination as it covers everyone's preferences. The amount of card content they got planned for upcoming sets is staggering, each card tracks it stats, has unlockable equipment and socketable slots, which permanently changes artwork and grows the card in power.

It's stuff which MtG has never dreamed of, plus its by Cryptozoic, who know what they are doing.

Don't forget the GUI is pre-alpha. Beta due September, Release May 2014.

(Stops babbling, Breathes)

... I love Kickstarter for games. So far I've had Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (FPS) & Tales of London; Silver Tree (Story RPG) from it. We've got Maia in the pipeline, also for me 'Sir, You are being Hunted' (Survival FPS) and now Hex. Plus I got some unusual digital art prints from a random student I backed in San Francisco the other month.
Just for future reference, 'Magic Online' is a different product to Magic the Gathering - Duels of the Planewalkers.

;)
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent - Isaac Asimov

My channel. Game recordings & old 3D art assets I've made.