Warzone 2100

Talk about other games

Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Warzone 2100

Hello all! I'd like to share a free game with everyone called "Warzone 2100". You can find it at http://www.wz2100.net. I am working on a prequel to the game (I hope to get some other people on board) and have created an introductory video. My narration is okay I suppose, but I do have a bit of a U.S. Southern accent (notice how I pronounce "marauders"). The Warzone 2100 community has been at odds over producing sequels for years now. Nothing has ever gotten off the ground, unfortunately, and all developers seem to be focusing on improving the current game. I am hoping to come at the "problem" another way--introduce a prequel campaign that is easily achievable within developmental guidelines. There's little that has to be done to start this.

Check out the game and my introductory video to what I called "Warzone 2100: The Road to the Project". For those not in the know, "The Project" is organization that is sent out to three locations around the continental United States in search for lost technologies and to try to reclaim civilization. This introductory video is about what takes place before that. I hope this is okay to share with everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o19hrZfg7g8&feature=youtu.be

Read the video description for information about the video and how I made it. ;)

- Derek

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:01 am

Re: Warzone 2100

Hell yeah, i remember this game.

Literally played it to death when i was......8 or 9 i think? maybe a bit older. It came on 2 discs i believe.

"Your attacks on us will not go unpunished, you are in contravention of the new paradigm. Message ends"
Burn with me

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:09 am

randommonicle wrote:Hell yeah, i remember this game.

Literally played it to death when i was......8 or 9 i think? maybe a bit older. It came on 2 discs i believe.

"Your attacks on us will not go unpunished, you are in contravention of the new paradigm. Message ends"

Haha, thanks for that reference. Ah the memories it brings up. That's why I am working on this side project to try and revive the community. I mean it's still active and relatively thriving from what I can tell, but it never hurts to bring a bit of "newness" back to an old game that is now open source and thus, free to play.

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:12 pm

Did not realize this was still in existence.
God I feel old..

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:05 am

Jetcutter wrote:Did not realize this was still in existence.
God I feel old..

Yeah I feel pretty old, too, but I am only 25. I remember playing this as a kid and I loved every minute of it. It looks to me that the most recent release (which is a release candidate) is buggy. I have NO idea why this would happen because it used to be a very stable game that the community developed it into. It's frustrating, for sure.

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:22 pm

They released version 3.1.1 about 2 days ago (not release candidate) so I sugest you check it out.
http://wz2100.net/news/warzone-2100-ver ... -released/

Post Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:26 am

SilverWarior wrote:They released version 3.1.1 about 2 days ago (not release candidate) so I sugest you check it out.
http://wz2100.net/news/warzone-2100-ver ... -released/

I'll download 3.1.1. I downloaded 3.1.1 RC3 a few days ago, so hopefully they fixed the bugs. Thanks for sharing!

Post Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:44 am

Nope, the bug I am having is still there. I reported the bug, so hopefully they will have a fix for it soon. :|

Post Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:02 pm

marsbound2024 wrote:Nope, the bug I am having is still there. I reported the bug, so hopefully they will have a fix for it soon. :|

What bug are you suffering from?
Burn with me

Post Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:16 pm

randommonicle wrote:
marsbound2024 wrote:Nope, the bug I am having is still there. I reported the bug, so hopefully they will have a fix for it soon. :|

What bug are you suffering from?

One of the annoying bugs right now is that I am on the campaign (Alpha) and I will save the game and come back to it later. After that, all of a sudden my factories can't produce any of the units I've designed except for maybe one or two. They simply don't show up in the list to pick from. I try to "rebuild" the units and still no luck. I can research a new unit and build it and it will work. Very frustrating and I can't play the campaign because I cannot build my units.

Return to Other Games