Mars Colony: Challenger

Talk about other games
Alryn

Mars Colony: Challenger

Post by Alryn » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Anyone else tried this game, I bought it when it came out on steam about a week ago, it can be quite difficult but having a lot of fun with it.

http://www.hyperkat.com/Colony/mccinfo.html

SilverWarior

Re: Mars Colony: Challenger

Post by SilverWarior » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:30 am

I bought this game as soon as it came out (even before being released on steam).
My impressions in short is nice game with lots of unused potential.

I like the core idea of the game.
Game controls can sometimes be a bit clumsy.
Graphics are not much but I never pay to much atention on them. Good gameplay meeans more to me than great graphics.
Gameplay itself is to much repetive so game becomes a bit boring with time. And while game has three different maps to play (Easy, Medium, Hard) the only difference between these is that harder maps only have more dynamic ground relief (higher hills). You need to do same things and the base layout is exactly the same. So there is verry litle replayability to the game.
One nice thing is that game has built in Co-op multiplayer which might make the expirience a bit more insteresting but would still become boring pretty fast due t low ingame depth.

So far I have encountered only one bug (dropping an item near stone could actually drop such item into the stone so you no longer pick it up). So I had to manually edit savegame and moving that item to another position.
Overal development of the game is realy slow so don't expect any bugs to be fixed or new feature to be implemented pretty quickly.