KSP (Kerbal Space Program)

Talk about other games
Ortwin

Re: KSP (Kerbal Space Program)

Post by Ortwin » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:37 pm

In less than a month Simon did more than I ever did.
Even with a protractor plugin to help determine the transfer windows I never sent manned missions to other planets.

Space stations, satellites (to all planets, except Jool) and Mun/Minmus bases, that's what I do.

I presume Maia will now be 14 months delayed? (see first post of this thread)

When 0.21 launches I'll have a fresh start, new save file, and I'll land Kerbals on all planets and moons!

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Ortwin wrote:In less than a month Simon did more than I ever did.
Even with a protractor plugin to help determine the transfer windows I never sent manned missions to other planets.

Space stations, satellites (to all planets, except Jool) and Mun/Minmus bases, that's what I do.

I presume Maia will now be 14 months delayed? (see first post of this thread)

When 0.21 launches I'll have a fresh start, new save file, and I'll land Kerbals on all planets and moons!
Yeah I was just binging to get it out of my system. :p

I'm uninstalling it until a few more patches down the line, when there will be more content and missions and the like.

Post by AvatarIII » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:54 pm

KSP is 40% off on steam at the moment by the way, for around 25 more hours.

ThtCooperFellow

Post by ThtCooperFellow » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:31 am

Yeah, apparently I suck at KSP because I never get past the Mun. I'm rather sad now. This must be how NASA felt when the Russians were beating the pants off us in the space race...

TSRViper

Post by TSRViper » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:25 am

Awesome game. My only complaint is the time vortex I seem to enter when I start it. Hours seem like minutes...

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:23 pm

Finally got my single-stage-to-orbit space plane into a high orbit at 145k. The ship is efficient enough to carry small payloads up, like satellites or even an extra fuel tank. Has a docking port underneath at the back.

Despite leaving my landing gear out all the way to 40k, I had enough fuel to break orbit and get back to the ground. Although had to glide the last part and ploughed into the side of a mountain whilst trying to take a cool screenshot. :p
ssto.jpg

irishbucsfan

Post by irishbucsfan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:51 pm

This is the first time I've ever actually looked at this game. The picture I had in my head was like Lemmings meets Angry Birds.

Obviously....... Not so much!

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:51 pm

irishbucsfan wrote:This is the first time I've ever actually looked at this game. The picture I had in my head was like Lemmings meets Angry Birds.

Obviously....... Not so much!
...Not entirely inaccurate! :p

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:11 pm

The Mor space station!
Mor_SpaceStation.jpg
The core section has 4 docking ports on the sides and another on the rear. Currently two solar power sections docked on it. I may add a longer section on the rear for easy orbital refueling. (Currently the station has no liquid fuel, but a whole load of RCS fuel stored.
Mor_SpaceStation2.jpg
Docking took an hour due to my terrible RCS port placement. :(

Tikigod

Post by Tikigod » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:21 pm

From Unite 2013 - Build a new universe in Kerbal Space Program

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXTxQko-JH0

Also for those that missed it the next update is roughly expected in a month or more according to a developer on their forums a week ago, however it will be a game changer, as the next patch is the big R&D update which adds the first parts of the careerer mode with research missions to undertake using the new science research tech being introduced in the update.

Also alongside this, the tech tree will be added which will be where you start off with a very limited selection of modules and then have to perform research missions and earn research points to then unlock new modules and progress up the tech tree.

Features video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvkplva3Hcw
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent - Isaac Asimov

My channel. Game recordings & old 3D art assets I've made.