Failed to start game (missing executable) with Ubuntu

Ask for help with running the game.
acamole

Failed to start game (missing executable) with Ubuntu

Post by acamole » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:43 pm

I encounter this message "Failed to start game (missing executable)" when I try to play the game with my Ubuntu.

Has anyone else received one? Where should I search to find the cause?

I have verified game cache, deleted appcache folder and rebooted. But it's still occurring.
Attachments
failure.png

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Re: Failed to start game (missing executable) with Ubuntu

Post by SimoRoth » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:32 pm

acamole wrote:I encounter this message "Failed to start game (missing executable)" when I try to play the game with my Ubuntu.

I have verified game cache, deleted appcache folder and rebooted. But it's still occurring.
Very odd. Try deleting and redownloading the app. I am taking a look at it on an ubuntu/mint machine right now. Will get back to you.

acamole

Post by acamole » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:09 pm

Thanks for looking into it, any update?

I tried deleting and redownloading but I still encounter the same error

WajNurfEs

Post by WajNurfEs » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:35 pm

Are you running i686 or x86_64? I'm having the same issue, and I believe it's because I'm using i686. The system requirements clearly say 64 bit OS, but I didn't read them until just now. Woops :D

chief629

Post by chief629 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:16 pm

SimoRoth wrote:
acamole wrote:I encounter this message "Failed to start game (missing executable)" when I try to play the game with my Ubuntu.

Very odd. Try deleting and redownloading the app. I am taking a look at it on an ubuntu/mint machine right now. Will get back to you.
hey im having an issue and i dont know how to fix it its similar to this but it says needed msvcp120.dll i now have that and now im having this message the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) click ok to close the application do i have the msvcp120.dll in the wrong place or what