food production?

Ask for help with running the game.
Dunestyler

food production?

Post by Dunestyler » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:37 pm

hey there

I just had a game running for some time and my food ran out, several colonists were dying... that kinda stuff.
yeah... my problem was actually not the food running out, it was my food production not working.
so. while I had a lifestock containment and a hydroponics, both working, there was no food produced in neither of them, which makes long games impossible right now...
so my question now is: did I simply do something wrong, or is food production not properly implemented in the game yet?

Dune
out

Ruairí

Re: food production?

Post by Ruairí » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:20 pm

Hydroponics should be working, each tree does produce enough food for a colonists. Did they have clear access to them to interact or where they not interacting at all with the trees? The livestock system is current not in the game, so it wont provide food. yet.

Dunestyler

Post by Dunestyler » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:32 pm

yeah they had access. actually they had access to three per Person.
and those few going working at the trees did nothing but eat and drink anymore, only to tire to death.

Ruairí

Post by Ruairí » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:51 am

If the AI is looping there are normally several reasons, either they don't have access to all basic needs (bed,food,water,air) and are trying to compensate by eating (it boosts energy if the colonist doesn't have access to a bed) or they have ran out of building materials to construct new objects (we hope to have in a email prompt when this occurs at some point). Lastly it could be the AI having bugged tasks, in which case saving, quitting the game and reloading may help by resetting their task orders.