Can't run the game

Ask for help with running the game.
Luiz3444

Can't run the game

Post by Luiz3444 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Everything goes ok, then when i notice that the game is taking too much to load i click on it then what happens? it crashes. But the problem it's on a shader thing that is missing i uninstalled and installed the game twice.
"Loading shader Distortion
File not found or unable to read Resources//Shaders Intel//Distortion.frag"
That is what i get after the game crashes. (And the other stuff that comes before the Distortion shader.)
I am using Windows 10 btw. Not that matters a lot with Intel and other intel things.

Thicassiong11

Re: Can't run the game

Post by Thicassiong11 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi there. I installed with no problems the game, but when I tried to launch it, I can't. An unexpected error appears and closes the game.
I use ASUS G11CD-US009T with Windows 10. (Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX960)

<Moderator edit: Removed Sales Weblink>

All the games run smoothly even on the ultra settings except this one(

Woetoo

Re: Can't run the game

Post by Woetoo » Tue May 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Thicassiong11 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 1:27 pm
... when I tried to launch it, I can't. An unexpected error appears and closes the game.
Could you take a screen shot of the unexpected error and post it here?
Or could you write down more details of what the error actually is?

Are you running Windows 10 ? (or Windows 7, 8 or 8,1?)
What screen resolution are you running at?

I personally have an i7 with 12GB Ram and a GTX960 too (with Windows 7)... and it's always run, even since the early alpha versions - so I'm trying to figure out what might be different for you.
Plus I play other games too, and even with in i7 I can't say every game runs smoothly.

Right now, you haven't given enough details to begin to figure out what might be wrong.

I'd also suggest posting your DXDiag information. Simon has the details of how here....
SimoRoth wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:10 pm
DxDiag is a commonly requested file when dealing with tech problems. It contains information about the hardware your computer has and all sorts of other helpful information. This file does not contain any sort of personal information.

How to obtain your DxDiag file:

1. From Windows the desktop click: Start > Run (or windows key + r).
2. In the blank text field of the window that appears type “dxdiag” without the quotes. Press run or hit enter.
3. Another window should appear titled DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Near the bottom of the window click on “Save All Information…” A popup should appear with a progress bar, this may take a few minutes.
4. After it completes a dialog should appear asking you where to save the file, I would recommend saving it to your desktop (automatically selected) with the default name and file type.
5. Open the file on your desktop (or wherever you saved it) and select all (ctrl + a) and copy (ctrl + c).
6. PLEASE Paste the information in between [ code][ /code] tags as it can be quite heavy.

That is it.