admin or developer plz help me

Ask for help with running the game.
usa marine

admin or developer plz help me

Post by usa marine » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:29 pm

hi my name austin kidder i haave purchased the game on steam and when i launch the game it comes up with a white screen and says : Could not initislise OpenGL 4.1 plz help me fix this :cry:
and it also says: Are you running the latest driver for your GPU?(yes) Performing fallback to openGL 3.2.

Woetoo

Re: admin or developer plz help me

Post by Woetoo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:29 am

Hey there Austin,

I'm neither an admin nor the developer, but I know from previous experience that it's handy to know things like what graphics card you are using, which version of windows, which version of DirectX etc.

Thankfully there's a diagnostic program within windows that provides all that information (and more) called dxdiag.exe. If you could run it and cut and paste the results here onto the forums I know that would definitely help Simon or one of the team narrow things down and get you a much more accurate answer when they have time to answer your question. Keep in mind the game is still in development and crashes are sort of expected - but providing feedback (like the dxdiag info) should mean that those bugs are fixed for you and people like you before the game is finally finished.

Simon (the developer) posted a great guide for how to do all that here : Topic: Having problems? READ THIS FIRST

Basically, you can run DXDiag, save the output as a file (usually to the desktop so you can delete it when you've finished), open that file in Notepad or another text editor, highlight all the diagnostic text in that file and copy and paste it here. It's generally a good idea to click the {Code} tag (above the editor window, with all the other tag buttons like {b}, {i}, {u}, {quote}. {code}, etc) and put the text between the {code} and {/code} tags. Some people would go further and wrap all of that with spoiler tags too.

That would look something like this :-

Code: Select all

[spoiler][code]Your text
[/spoiler][/code]
and would end up looking like this:
Spoiler: show

Code: Select all

Your text
(just click [SHOW] to see it expanded)

Hope that helps,
-Woetoo

usa marine

Post by usa marine » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:39 pm

ok is there way i can get a hold of simon?

Woetoo

Post by Woetoo » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:28 pm

I'm not sure.

I do know that there's a guy called Ruairi who does some of the game testing and deals with the technical support questions on the forums (here and the steam forums) and sometimes Simon answers directly himself. Although Simon's focus is on the development side rather than the support side now the company is bigger (it's still quite small though).

I think your best bet would be to follow the DXDiag instructions from Simon's post, post the results here in this thread and see if the extra information you've provided is enough to get a answer from Ruairi (or Simon).

Alternatively there's Twitter (@SimoRoth), Facebook (MaiaGame), the Steam Forums (Steam Community: Maia) or regular e-mail (Support@Maiagame.com) and probably some others I've not come across. e-mail is probably the most direct route, though your guess is as good as mine if it's a better choice or not (I've never sent an email).

Good luck.