New thread posting limited to developers only

Discussion of Maia's on going development, including modding.
SimoRoth
Site Admin

New thread posting limited to developers only

Post by SimoRoth » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:20 pm

We've had some confusion with people posting ideas etc in the forum and others assuming they were developers. From now on only me and people who are contributing to Maia can post new threads. Your capability to reply to our posts shouldn't be affected.

Belsameth

Re: New thread posting limited to developers only

Post by Belsameth » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:42 am

Alternatively you can work with custom titles or make a dev usergroup with its own colour.

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:33 pm

Belsameth wrote:Alternatively you can work with custom titles or make a dev usergroup with its own colour.
They already do. ;)

b0rsuk

Post by b0rsuk » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:28 pm

I know who you're referring to, Simon, but there's no subforum just for posting ideas. I can do so in the General Chat, but it's not optimal especially once the game starts looking playable.

Meneth

Post by Meneth » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:37 pm

b0rsuk wrote:I know who you're referring to, Simon, but there's no subforum just for posting ideas. I can do so in the General Chat, but it's not optimal especially once the game starts looking playable.
Can't say I see much need for more sub-forums until the forum starts getting a lot more activity. At the very least threads need to be pushed off the first page of the General sub-forum within a day or two without posts for there to be much of a point to it.

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:26 pm

b0rsuk wrote:I know who you're referring to, Simon, but there's no subforum just for posting ideas. I can do so in the General Chat, but it's not optimal especially once the game starts looking playable.
Nah wasn't your thread. Was someone on twitter who was confused by the dev forum and also the guy asking about the playable build that made me realise. Although I did move your thread since!

I will make some subforums in the development area at some point.

b0rsuk

Post by b0rsuk » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Meneth wrote:
Can't say I see much need for more sub-forums until the forum starts getting a lot more activity.
Good point. I prefer this way - splitting a forum once a section of it becomes too crowded - to the opposite, where an overambitious indie game developer creates 15 subforums which turn into a ghost town.