Maia surface suit.

Discussion of Maia's on going development, including modding.
User avatar
b0rsuk
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Re: Maia surface suit.

Post by b0rsuk » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:40 am

It looks okay. Not outstanding, but I can't find a flaw in it either.

User avatar
Studdart
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:36 am
Location: UK

Re: Maia surface suit.

Post by Studdart » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:42 am

reminds me of the space suits from Red Dwarf myself, I like the retro feel to it, think it works well with the other designs that you've put up.
I'll get my coat...

User avatar
Gazz
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Maia surface suit.

Post by Gazz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:13 pm

It looks bulky enough to make the backpack rack largely inaccessible to a single person.
I would expect more belt / webbing / pockets / whatever that look accessible in such a suit.
A blueberry muffin is more than the sum of it's crumbs.

User avatar
PlasmaDavid
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:14 am

Re: Maia surface suit.

Post by PlasmaDavid » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:48 am

Will it get any upgrades in-game over time?

It certainly needs some forwards facing lights. Think about every special suit in sci-fi films, they all have a unique and memorable style of lighting on them, wether it's a type of torch or illuminating the occupant or whatever.

I'm not sold on the vertical "stripes" on the front, looks a bit too steam punk or ye olde to be honest. Though I guess that could be the default colours fault. Maybe with a white or something it'd look more "padded space suit"
Send in more planes!

User avatar
SimoRoth
Site Admin
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Maia surface suit.

Post by SimoRoth » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:38 am

PlasmaDavid wrote:Will it get any upgrades in-game over time?

It certainly needs some forwards facing lights. Think about every special suit in sci-fi films, they all have a unique and memorable style of lighting on them, wether it's a type of torch or illuminating the occupant or whatever.

I'm not sold on the vertical "stripes" on the front, looks a bit too steam punk or ye olde to be honest. Though I guess that could be the default colours fault. Maybe with a white or something it'd look more "padded space suit"
Its mostly the colour. Will show new shots soon.

User avatar
SimoRoth
Site Admin
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Maia surface suit.

Post by SimoRoth » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:40 am

Gazz wrote:It looks bulky enough to make the backpack rack largely inaccessible to a single person.
I would expect more belt / webbing / pockets / whatever that look accessible in such a suit.
It's supposed to be. Like a Bergen its for transporting stuff rather than quick access.

User avatar
Meneth
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: Maia surface suit.

Post by Meneth » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:11 pm

SimoRoth wrote:
Gazz wrote:It looks bulky enough to make the backpack rack largely inaccessible to a single person.
I would expect more belt / webbing / pockets / whatever that look accessible in such a suit.
It's supposed to be. Like a Bergen its for transporting stuff rather than quick access.
Like a city in western Norway?

User avatar
Belsameth
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Maia surface suit.

Post by Belsameth » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:14 pm

You, of all people, should know they use cities to transport stuff over there...

rkolenc
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Re: Maia surface suit.

Post by rkolenc » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:55 am

b0rsuk wrote:It looks okay. Not outstanding, but I can't find a flaw in it either.
I can tell you it looks Great in-game if that helps:)

Luiz3444
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:46 pm

Re: Maia surface suit.

Post by Luiz3444 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:20 pm

Hey, Why there are thoose things behind the spacesuits its like a backpack?? if yes for what it is?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest