Workshop Tool WIP

Discussion of Maia's on going development, including modding.
Post Reply
User avatar
SimoRoth
Site Admin
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Workshop Tool WIP

Post by SimoRoth » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Some of the low-tech items for the workshop are now in the game.
workshopThings.jpg

User avatar
Harrod200
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:20 pm

Re: Workshop Tool WIP

Post by Harrod200 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Nice. Is the game using a raw mat -> refined mat -> basic/intermediate item -> adv item method or just resources -> everything, with objects needed to make higher level things?

User avatar
SimoRoth
Site Admin
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Workshop Tool WIP

Post by SimoRoth » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:37 pm

Harrod200 wrote:Nice. Is the game using a raw mat -> refined mat -> basic/intermediate item -> adv item method or just resources -> everything, with objects needed to make higher level things?
Refined resources are something that I will consider after 1.0. You need specific machines, research and materials to build things though. It's not as deep as say Dwarf Fortress, but will hopefully mix economy and gameplay in equal measures.

Finnboghi
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:17 am

Re: Workshop Tool WIP

Post by Finnboghi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:48 pm

SimoRoth wrote:
Harrod200 wrote:Nice. Is the game using a raw mat -> refined mat -> basic/intermediate item -> adv item method or just resources -> everything, with objects needed to make higher level things?
Refined resources are something that I will consider after 1.0. You need specific machines, research and materials to build things though. It's not as deep as say Dwarf Fortress, but will hopefully mix economy and gameplay in equal measures.
Damn. :(

Still, looking good!

Super excited for the alpha.

User avatar
unapalm
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: Near Brighton, UK

Re: Workshop Tool WIP

Post by unapalm » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Great to see these WIP posts. Keep 'em coming!

User avatar
PlasmaDavid
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:14 am

Re: Workshop Tool WIP

Post by PlasmaDavid » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:00 am

Not bad, was expecting something a little more space-punk. Illuminated benchtop (or light from white neons around the edge of the benchtop) Also are those WOODEN legs on it? It just says "old mans workshop bench" to me much more than "communal workstation for space colony that needs to be able to manufacture their own EVERYTHING". Maybe add some tool racks hanging on the side, or futuristic looking multitool or something?


I think the manual levers on the drills are also a bit too familiar and unwieldy. The push of a chunky 80s industrial button is all that should be needed to activate or fine tune a space age press drill.

/criticalfeedbackfromsomeonewhodoesn'tcreatethings

I hope your creative space is full of pictures of the various sets from Star Wars, Aliens and so forth. Gotta maintain that space-punk vibe!
Send in more planes!

User avatar
Mark
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:27 am
Location: Huonville, Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: Workshop Tool WIP

Post by Mark » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:05 am

Love the Driil Press, I wish the one in my Man Cave was the same size.
[img]http://burninglegion.org/forum/download ... ig.png/img]

^^^^^Please turn BBcode ON in signatures^^^^^

User avatar
Fleug
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:11 pm
Location: Meaux, France
Contact:

Re: Workshop Tool WIP

Post by Fleug » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Do you plan on adding animations like colonists really working on some stuff with the tools on the table for example? Will they use the water barrels at some point if there's a fire? :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueFleugSpirit
French YouTuber / Indie Games lover

User avatar
SimoRoth
Site Admin
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Workshop Tool WIP

Post by SimoRoth » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:17 pm

Fleug wrote:Do you plan on adding animations like colonists really working on some stuff with the tools on the table for example? Will they use the water barrels at some point if there's a fire? :)
To some degree. There wont be a tonne of interaction, just due to the amount of work involved. This is only an indie game afterall. :)

I do want them bashing stuff with hammers and using welding torches though. ;)

User avatar
Fleug
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:11 pm
Location: Meaux, France
Contact:

Re: Workshop Tool WIP

Post by Fleug » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:24 pm

This is great, I can't wait to see this blacksmith/spaceman :D
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueFleugSpirit
French YouTuber / Indie Games lover

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests