Quick engine test build

Discussion of Maia's on going development, including modding.
SimoRoth
Site Admin

Quick engine test build

Post by SimoRoth » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:53 pm

ATI users: There is a new driver out. Please upgrade to it and tell me if it fixes Maia. :)

Can people have a quick look at this. Please ignore the terrible temporary animations, and the man behind the curtain. The FPS is nonsense atm due to it being messed up by the threading, but tell me how responsive it is.

Edit: Also note this isnt a gameplay build, although you can build and dig a bit.

wsad = movement.
mousewheel = zoom
alt + mouse mouse = rotate camera

Debug Controls:

j = Place rooms
h = Info mode. Click-place digging markers (on rock) / read info tips (on mouseover of objects)
k = Debug click-place objects (use v-b to scroll all objects ctrl for snap-to-grid )
u = Debug instabuild objects (gets rid of green hologram effect) .

l = regenerate world. (bugged: creates a small memory leak and will eventually crash the game)

Escape = Exit

-/+ Keypad = Modify game time speed ().

Please post your system specs along with any problems you have.

http://www.maiagame.com/Maia_Windows_Te ... a_0_25.zip

You will also need the VS Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... px?id=5555

You can edit the config.xml to change resolution and enable fullscreen.

Please no live streaming this build. Its just so we can catch any problem configurations before releasing the alpha into the wild.

Known Bugs:

Blackscreen ATI

Nysus

Re: Quick engine test build

Post by Nysus » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Responsiveness seems fine, there seems to be a bit of a graphical issue with a "Shadow" cursor appearing in dust after a wall gets dug out though.

W7 - 64bit - Quad Core - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

TH0TH

Post by TH0TH » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:45 pm

Black screen mostly, do get the tooltips and fps showing, but otherwise black and consoles spamming;
Fbo construction failure. Incomplete FBO.
Error! RenderShadowMap trying to draw to non-attached colour buffer!
ATI 7850, 50-60fps black screen tho :P
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" -Spider Jerusalem

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:54 pm

Nysus wrote:Responsiveness seems fine, there seems to be a bit of a graphical issue with a "Shadow" cursor appearing in dust after a wall gets dug out though.

W7 - 64bit - Quad Core - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Seems I accidentally hard coded a resolution into that specific particle shader. I'll get that fixed.

Youjellyman

Post by Youjellyman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:23 pm

More AMD/ATI issues. I have a 6850 and I got the same black screen as the last test build.

Tikigod

Post by Tikigod » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:54 pm

Same issue as last build, still just a single tile in the lower left hand corner of the window.

Same FBO construction error as reported by Thoth, noticed it kicks in right from the start with the rotating planet screen.

DXdiag

Also a ATI/AMD card.

Noticed the rotating planet screen seems more jerky then it was in previous builds.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent - Isaac Asimov

My channel. Game recordings & old 3D art assets I've made.

unapalm

Post by unapalm » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:43 pm

i5 3570k, 8 gig ram, nvidia GTX 660, Win7

Works fine for me and is generally very responsive. Hasn't crashed on me yet either and cycling through objects is much quicker than the last build.

One issue is that when I'm scrolling I see significant screen tears on objects, foliage and walls. It's especially pronounced on objects and makes scrolling quite tiring on the eyes. Couple that with the green dot selection and my eyes are having quite a bad time :shock:

Also, the location that's selected when clicking on a wall is miles away from the actual pointer location but you probably know that already!

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:50 pm

unapalm wrote:i5 3570k, 8 gig ram, nvidia GTX 660, Win7

Works fine for me and is generally very responsive. Hasn't crashed on me yet either and cycling through objects is much quicker than the last build.

One issue is that when I'm scrolling I see significant screen tears on objects, foliage and walls. It's especially pronounced on objects and makes scrolling quite tiring on the eyes. Couple that with the green dot selection and my eyes are having quite a bad time :shock:

Also, the location that's selected when clicking on a wall is miles away from the actual pointer location but you probably know that already!
Ahh. Yeah thats something I screwed up this morning. Its selecting from the surface of the ground, not the top of the wall. I noticed it felt off, but forgot to check.

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:27 am

Selection and PFX bugs fixed. New build is up.

Evence

Post by Evence » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:50 am

Getting the black screen bug,
running a Radeon 6850.