Snow Melt. (Warning 5MB gif)

Discussion of Maia's on going development, including modding.
SimoRoth
Site Admin

Snow Melt. (Warning 5MB gif)

Post by SimoRoth » Sun May 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Just put snow fall and snow melting in. Works in the same way as the random rain events, but the snow settles and affects movement and survival.
melt.gif

unfamous

Re: Snow Melt. (Warning 5MB gif)

Post by unfamous » Sun May 12, 2013 2:02 pm

Is there going to be something wrong with the snow, like it's not actually snow but some sort of other hazardous "snow"? Because it would be strange if the world has a normally uninhabitable (by humans) environment, but have normal snowfall.

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Sun May 12, 2013 2:15 pm

unfamous wrote:Is there going to be something wrong with the snow, like it's not actually snow but some sort of other hazardous "snow"? Because it would be strange if the world has a normally uninhabitable (by humans) environment, but have normal snowfall.
Mostly normal snow. It's not strange at all that an earth-like planet would have regular precipitation. I am however considering acid rain and acid snow ( a side effect of the terraforming methods the colonists are using )

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Sun May 12, 2013 3:23 pm

Pic of the snow falling:
Snow.jpg

Tikigod

Post by Tikigod » Mon May 13, 2013 8:07 am

Any chance further down the road for idle I.M.Ps to build snowI.M.Ps when it's snowing? :)
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent - Isaac Asimov

My channel. Game recordings & old 3D art assets I've made.

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon May 13, 2013 2:16 pm

SimoRoth wrote:
unfamous wrote:Is there going to be something wrong with the snow, like it's not actually snow but some sort of other hazardous "snow"? Because it would be strange if the world has a normally uninhabitable (by humans) environment, but have normal snowfall.
Mostly normal snow. It's not strange at all that an earth-like planet would have regular precipitation. I am however considering acid rain and acid snow ( a side effect of the terraforming methods the colonists are using )
How about going the other way and making the Rain an Alkaline Base - LYE RAIN.....
It will keep all the equipment grease free, just don't take anything made of Aluminium outside... that could be.......awkward.
[img]http://burninglegion.org/forum/download ... ig.png/img]

^^^^^Please turn BBcode ON in signatures^^^^^

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Tue May 14, 2013 10:52 am

Hah. Nasty.

Another screen
SnowMelt.jpg

Tikigod

Post by Tikigod » Tue May 14, 2013 11:07 am

SimoRoth wrote:Hah. Nasty.

Another screen
SnowMelt.jpg
hmm looks less like snow and more like build up of sand in that shot.

Did notice from the engine builds that there is almost a filter effect that seems to be present during different periods of the day that really distort colour based on the sun and is slightly on the "OMG! SATURATE THE COLOUR OF ALL OBJECTS UNTIL IT ALL LOOKS DIRT YELLOW!" end of the scale.

But kind of figured the degree of it was just placeholder to test the effect at extremes and would be finetuned later. :D
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent - Isaac Asimov

My channel. Game recordings & old 3D art assets I've made.