Rooms, doors and other things. :)

Discussion of Maia's on going development, including modding.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SimoRoth
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rooms, doors and other things. :)

Post by SimoRoth » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:27 am

The game is really coming to life now. :)

Here's a workshop room leading into a research lab:
BaseDefense.jpg

SimoRoth
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rooms, doors and other things. :)

Post by SimoRoth » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:03 am

Fixed the lighting on the doors.
rooms5.jpg

Tikigod

Post by Tikigod » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:45 am

Holy crap, there's a game emerging!! :shock:

Would those doors be carried across for exterior buildings as well? Or will rooms outside cavern systems (if there will be any) use other forms of doors due to being much more exposed to the likes of meteorites and such?
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent - Isaac Asimov

My channel. Game recordings & old 3D art assets I've made.

DerRidda

Post by DerRidda » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:36 am

I remember how I played DK2 back in the day: Go into first person mode, explore the place I have build and lose because I'm not taking care of the actual game.
I see history repeating... :)

TSRViper

Post by TSRViper » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:42 am

It's really starting to take shape now - exciting!

b0rsuk

Post by b0rsuk » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:57 am

Nice.

Dungeon design nitpick: it's probably not a great idea to make the shortest route pass through the workshop. People working there wouldn't enjoy the distractions. The corridor goes around already, I'd remove the front-facing door.

Studdart

Post by Studdart » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:55 am

b0rsuk wrote:Nice.

Dungeon design nitpick: it's probably not a great idea to make the shortest route pass through the workshop. People working there wouldn't enjoy the distractions. The corridor goes around already, I'd remove the front-facing door.
and there was me just worried about the enemies just waltzing through the entire base, with no delay straight to my dungeon heart, without getting lost down my maze full of traps... I miss dungeon keeper...
I'll get my coat...

Tikigod

Post by Tikigod » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:44 pm

b0rsuk wrote:Nice.

Post nitpick: This isn't a dungeon. It's a colony that spans the outdoors as well as cavern systems.

Secondary post nitpick: Who says that the workshop carrys on to other places? What you're seeing there is a series of rooms connected, with a potential side path out as well. For all we know the workshop may be the end of the rooms, so you end up with a workshop, corridor and some kind of design/office room.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent - Isaac Asimov

My channel. Game recordings & old 3D art assets I've made.

Gazz

Post by Gazz » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Tikigod wrote:Post nitpick: This isn't a dungeon. It's a colony that spans the outdoors as well as cavern systems.
When I start slapping IMPs, we'll see about this being a dungeon or not. =P
A blueberry muffin is more than the sum of it's crumbs.

unapalm

Post by unapalm » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:16 pm

With this and the recent PC Gamer coverage I am starting to get excited again. Looks like things are shaping up. Post more!