Maia Alpha Milestone Progress 0.30

Discussion of Maia's on going development, including modding.

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Maia Alpha Milestone Progress 0.30

Rough notes on the things going into Milestone 0.30. With the Greenlight and other stuff going on I can't set a specific date. There's a lot I want to get in.

Estimate delivery date: July 24-25 31st.

Edit: Nick has had too much on his plate to deliver the sound on time and so I am going to move the milestone to late next week. Sorry about that, but the sound is pretty important for making the game feel alive. As a consequence I will be adding more art content and AI back into this milestone. :)

I'll mark things that are done in Green and italic. Edit: Things that have had to be pushed to next milestone are now in Blue. Nick (sound) had a schedule clash.

Engine/low level:

• Loading of Pfx from XML.
  • Multi track animation.

Game:

• New fusion reactor.
  • Reinforced bulkhead door variant.
  • Colonists research via terminal computer.
  • Colonists eat, drink.
  • Colonists will build more items, prioritize them better.
  • Colonists collect water barrels from the still.
  • Colonists will sleep, rest and relax.
  • More colonist movement animations and blending.
  • Colonists will not attempt to use objects at the same time.
  • 4 more head variations for the colonists.

• Procedural back stories for colonists.
  • Digging will reveal fossils.
  • Imps carry minerals back to storage room.
  • Rooms will have lights in their tiles.
  • Reworked bulkhead door sound.
  • Earthquakes, solar flares and meteor impacts will have more variety, complex sound.
  • More music tracks. (If nick has time we may have part of the dynamic music system in)
  • Room ambiances.
  • Rooms will be optimised to reduce load times and memory footprint.

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Re: Maia Alpha Milestone Progress 0.30

Wow this sounds phenomenal, but only 7 days for so much content? Isn't the date a little bit too optimistic? Not that I wouldn't enjoy it :D

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:09 pm

eraser2011 wrote:Wow this sounds phenomenal, but only 7 days for so much content? Isn't the date a little bit too optimistic? Not that I wouldn't enjoy it :D

A lot of this stuff is already done. Eg the new fusion reactor model, most the animations, sound work and the fossils. A lot of them are 2-3 hour jobs of just writing a bit of XML and bit of code to hook stuff up!

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:25 pm

eraser2011 wrote:Wow this sounds phenomenal, but only 7 days for so much content? Isn't the date a little bit too optimistic? Not that I wouldn't enjoy it :D

7 days? its not for nothing no year was posted ;)

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:24 pm

0.30?

OMG! '3' and greenlight mentioned in the same post!!!

Half-life 3 confirmed!
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent - Isaac Asimov

My channel. Game recordings & old 3D art assets I've made.

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:47 pm

Congrats on setting such a large milestone for yourself, I hope that it goes well. At some point I will find a way to play this game, even if it kills me!

Post Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:27 pm

will the details of the background details and stories for the colonists include a lot of flavor? i can also see things like college degrees and past experiences/jobs being put in as well.

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:09 am

Can I request that you put in a husk of a menu in the 0.31 update which perhaps pauses, but most importantly, allows for saving a copy of the console log to that point. It would make logging error reports all the more useful for all further updates. I can post screenshots of graphical problems, but any errors which appear in the console I have to try to manually copy and paste to notepad. Just a suggestion if it's not too difficult to do.
Amazing work so far! I'm loving the atmosphere, music, door messages/descriptions and intended goals.

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:08 pm

ultratempum wrote:Can I request that you put in a husk of a menu in the 0.31 update which perhaps pauses, but most importantly, allows for saving a copy of the console log to that point. It would make logging error reports all the more useful for all further updates. I can post screenshots of graphical problems, but any errors which appear in the console I have to try to manually copy and paste to notepad. Just a suggestion if it's not too difficult to do.
Amazing work so far! I'm loving the atmosphere, music, door messages/descriptions and intended goals.

Yeah I'll write all console output to disk in the newest build. :)

UsF

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:21 am

Excitement-levels are building here. Hope you are making good progress in your development. :mrgreen:
Next

Return to Development