0.30 introduces new colonist actions, including more complex wants and needs. More environment details. Lot's of new assets and content. A few of things planned for this release have been put back until 0.31.
- Colonists will use a workbench to make lots of other items like doors and several objects.
- Colonists will sleep in beds, eat and drink.
- More accurate colonist body simulation, hunger and thirst based on energy usage and hydration levels.
- More environment detail. Detail grass, fissures in the ground.
- Improved reactor room. New fusion reactor.
- Upgrade to bulkhead door via research. (currently not accessable)
- Better starting base layout.
- Colonists will stay in appropriate areas when exploring.
- Imps much more responsive, will pathfind faster and longer distances.
- 4 new male colonist heads based on Kickstarter Backers!
- New sounds added for several objects.
- Dig out fossils from the ground!
WSAD = movement.
Mousewheel = zoom
Alt + mouse mouse = rotate camera
Click to track an entity.
9-0 decrease/increase scroll speed.
j = Place rooms.
Press 1-7 for different room types.
h = Info mode. Click-place digging markers (on rock) / read info tips (on mouseover of objects)
k = Debug click-place objects (use v-b to scroll all objects ctrl for snap-to-grid )
u = Debug instabuild objects (gets rid of green hologram effect) .
Click to track any object in game.
l = regenerate world. (bugged: does not eradicate old rooms)
Escape = Exit
-/+ Keypad = Modify game time speed. (This will not be in final game, so don't report bugs!)
You can edit the config.xml to change resolution and enable fullscreen.
Please post your system specs along with any problems you have.
Here is a post explaining how you can get that info. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=337 Surround it with Code tags rather than putting it on pastebin.
You will also need the VS Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... px?id=5555
Use the Catalyst 13.4 non-beta release from 29th May.
You will need to build your own version of SDL 2 if your distro is not using it.
- Older GPU's or users on old drivers will get shader compile errors. This is something I will be working on soon.
- Colonists freeze, or ignore orders. This is due to me having removed a lot of their AI to keep the Alpha stable. (or missing animations)
- Framerate is a bit lumpy.
- A few colonists refuse to get out of bed apart from to eat and drink. :p