Mini update: Exterior rendering 2.

Discussion of Maia's on going development, including modding.
SimoRoth
Site Admin

Mini update: Exterior rendering 2.

Post by SimoRoth » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:13 pm

The gameworld now transitions between indoor and outdoor, with better blending between the interior rubble and the rocks/grass of the exterior. The lighting and fog also changes.

Plants now grow at a sane-ish rate and are spawned during world generation. They no longer spread into interior areas.
exteriorchange.jpg
exteriorchange.jpg (522.21 KiB) Viewed 2701 times
Other progress today: Placing furniture/objects now fixed so you cant place them inside each other. Although I need to add better physics meshes to improve the frame-rate... which means I now need to model a physics mesh for every object :cry:.

saviorofevil

Re: Mini update: Exterior rendering 2.

Post by saviorofevil » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:33 pm

SimoRoth wrote:The gameworld now transitions between indoor and outdoor, with better blending between the interior rubble and the rocks/grass of the exterior. The lighting and fog also changes.

Plants now grow at a sane-ish rate and are spawned during world generation. They no longer spread into interior areas.
exteriorchange.jpg
Other progress today: Placing furniture/objects now fixed so you cant place them inside each other. Although I need to add better physics meshes to improve the frame-rate... which means I now need to model a physics mesh for every object :cry:.

Is our minions going to have to suit up? Huge fan of that sort of realism. Instead of the minion having everything it needs all the time.(hence my post in general chat)

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:58 pm

saviorofevil wrote:
SimoRoth wrote:The gameworld now transitions between indoor and outdoor, with better blending between the interior rubble and the rocks/grass of the exterior. The lighting and fog also changes.

exteriorchange.jpg

Is our minions going to have to suit up? Huge fan of that sort of realism. Instead of the minion having everything it needs all the time.(hence my post in general chat)
Yep they will have to go inside the airlock and suit up if they don't want to be asphyxiated. They will be able to survive for a few minutes without a suit, but will be very ill afterwards.

randommonicle

Post by randommonicle » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:43 pm

I am loving the way this looks so far. Keep up the good work :D
Burn with me

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:06 pm

This update may slip a few weeks. I've been hella-ill this week. :(

Found a cool open source fluid sim system last weekend, so when I am better I can start making some demos of the lava. :D

randommonicle

Post by randommonicle » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:36 pm

oh drag. Hope you feel better :)
Burn with me