GUI

Discussion of Maia's on going development, including modding.
Aduasen

Re: GUI

Post by Aduasen » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Another idea would be a context menu when you right klick somewhere on the gound that shows you all objects that can be placed there.

Tikigod

Post by Tikigod » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:49 pm

lnomsim wrote:I don't know if it will be planned for future version (where can I find that kind of information?)

But could it be possible to rotate the objects?
If it's already possible, I didn't find how to do it.
To rotate objects, hold left mouse button when placing and move the mouse to rotate.

Also it's possible to use the snap to grid feature (hold ctrl down) to snap rotation between 45 degree states... but that's a little fiddly, so generally it's a good idea to rotate the object as close to the orientation you want using free rotate and then hold ctrl down to make it snap to the closest fixed rotation facing. But it can take several tries to get it to snap to the facing you want.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent - Isaac Asimov

My channel. Game recordings & old 3D art assets I've made.

lnomsim

Post by lnomsim » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:31 am

Tikigod wrote:
lnomsim wrote:I don't know if it will be planned for future version (where can I find that kind of information?)

But could it be possible to rotate the objects?
If it's already possible, I didn't find how to do it.
To rotate objects, hold left mouse button when placing and move the mouse to rotate.

Also it's possible to use the snap to grid feature (hold ctrl down) to snap rotation between 45 degree states... but that's a little fiddly, so generally it's a good idea to rotate the object as close to the orientation you want using free rotate and then hold ctrl down to make it snap to the closest fixed rotation facing. But it can take several tries to get it to snap to the facing you want.
Thank you, it will help.

chaosyourgod

Post by chaosyourgod » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:03 pm

I don't like the mouse icon at all, it just doesn't fit with the style of the game, perhaps something less bulky and in key with you being a AI

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:30 pm

With the mouse I think we'll offer some variant options or at least a way to scale it down a bit for people on different screen setups.

chaosyourgod

Post by chaosyourgod » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

SimoRoth wrote:With the mouse I think we'll offer some variant options or at least a way to scale it down a bit for people on different screen setups.

more options is always a good way to go