Mac development thread.

Discussion of Maia's on going development, including modding.
Alphasite

Re: Mac development thread.

Post by Alphasite » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Awesome. I'm Glad to hear it. :D I'll stick up any other issues that crop up here.

huxi

Post by huxi » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Mouse wheel zooming via two-finger gesture on the touch pad isn't working. Neither is pinch zoom.

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:47 pm

huxi wrote:Mouse wheel zooming via two-finger gesture on the touch pad isn't working. Neither is pinch zoom.
Not the biggest priority, but I'll look into implementing them! :)

Alphasite

Post by Alphasite » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:22 pm

SimoRoth wrote:
huxi wrote:Mouse wheel zooming via two-finger gesture on the touch pad isn't working. Neither is pinch zoom.
Not the biggest priority, but I'll look into implementing them! :)
It is, its just a bit wonky. (2 finger that is)

MathewC

Post by MathewC » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Look forward to the new build up tomorrow hopefully, great to see your keen to help us Mac users too!

Dave TZ

Post by Dave TZ » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:22 pm

I've tried the latest alpha (0.35) and it's a slideshow on my 2007 iMac. I've tried tweaking the values in Config.xml but unfortunately they don't seem to do anything; switching resolutions or fullscreen from "false" to "true" has no effect. When I directly run the Maia_Alpha executable and get the message window, the messages say there's an error in reading the Config.xml.

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:49 pm

Dave TZ wrote:I've tried the latest alpha (0.35) and it's a slideshow on my 2007 iMac. I've tried tweaking the values in Config.xml but unfortunately they don't seem to do anything; switching resolutions or fullscreen from "false" to "true" has no effect. When I directly run the Maia_Alpha executable and get the message window, the messages say there's an error in reading the Config.xml.
On 2007 hardware you are likely to get pretty poor performance. The texture resolution setting is what you'll want to change to get better speed, but on your machine you're likely not going to see 30-60fps until the game has been optimised more for the lower end.

Dave TZ

Post by Dave TZ » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:13 am

SimoRoth wrote:On 2007 hardware you are likely to get pretty poor performance. The texture resolution setting is what you'll want to change to get better speed, but on your machine you're likely not going to see 30-60fps until the game has been optimised more for the lower end.
That's to be expected. :) I usually don't run demanding games on this machine instead of my more modern Win7 PC, however I saw your latest alpha update when using my iMac workstation and thought you might need an extra Mac test. Currently though on this Mac it's running at less than one frame a second, so I can't really report on anything beyond that.

I've tweaked all the settings in the config file but nothing seems to change. I'm fairly certain it's running the defaults no matter what is in the file.

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:30 am

Dave TZ wrote:
SimoRoth wrote:On 2007 hardware you are likely to get pretty poor performance. The texture resolution setting is what you'll want to change to get better speed, but on your machine you're likely not going to see 30-60fps until the game has been optimised more for the lower end.
That's to be expected. :) I usually don't run demanding games on this machine instead of my more modern Win7 PC, however I saw your latest alpha update when using my iMac workstation and thought you might need an extra Mac test. Currently though on this Mac it's running at less than one frame a second, so I can't really report on anything beyond that.

I've tweaked all the settings in the config file but nothing seems to change. I'm fairly certain it's running the defaults no matter what is in the file.
Aha alright. Frankly I'm amazed it actually ran!

That config thing sounds strange I'll get that checked out. Thanks.

straykiller

Post by straykiller » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:23 am

Dave TZ wrote:

I can second this as it's the same for me, no matter what i put in the config file nothing changes.