Atmosphere simulation.

Discussion of Maia's on going development, including modding.
SimoRoth
Site Admin

Atmosphere simulation.

Post by SimoRoth » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:51 pm

Atmosphere simulation is getting turned on today!

Loss of atmosphere will start up individual alarms in rooms and emergency lighting will fire up. (Red is used as it preserves night vision)
atmosphere.jpg
You'll start to hear the elements coming in from outside if you have a major breach.

Knumskull

Re: Atmosphere simulation.

Post by Knumskull » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:59 pm

You'll start to hear the elements coming in from outside if you have a major breach.
About that, what can I do if I inadvertently open my colony to the elements by taking down an important wall?

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Knumskull wrote:
About that, what can I do if I inadvertently open my colony to the elements by taking down an important wall?
In the current build? Sob gently as you watch your colonists stumble about and die.

Later builds will have back fill commands. The IMPs have an explosive charge they can place to cave in ears.

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Should be noted that due to the pressure of the air, you're base won't become unbreathable instantly. Indeed, if you have enough atmosphere generation, you could maintain the leak. (Perhaps using it to trap alien fauna)

Tikigod

Post by Tikigod » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:53 pm

How does it react to things like caverns with a corner tile that is open environment?

As due to how the tiles are set up, open outer corners actually create open spaces between the walls and it would kind of suck to start up new games only to find your internal environment is already exposed because one of the default open spaces has a outside corner tile that is outside, or to be digging inside only to find what should have been a safe move for some odd reason ended up exposing your entire base. :?

Example:

That's the result of removing one wall piece from inside, which automatically removed the bridge between the two walls opening up the interior to the outside world.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent - Isaac Asimov

My channel. Game recordings & old 3D art assets I've made.

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:28 pm

The base generation code will have a quick test to ensure a watertight start. I'm not sure how we will handle diagonals yet.

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:25 am

Alarms are now in, simulation is fixed to work with the rooms better and colonists can die!
Death.jpg