Rough roadmap to 0.50

Discussion of Maia's on going development, including modding.
smarcus3

Re: Rough roadmap to 0.50

Post by smarcus3 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:24 pm

Keep up the work buddy. I can't wait to see it evolve from the haphazard crashing creature it is into a full fledged beast.

Tikigod

Post by Tikigod » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Where's the space toilets, eh?

Colonists need poopy! :roll:
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent - Isaac Asimov

My channel. Game recordings & old 3D art assets I've made.

PlasmaDavid

Post by PlasmaDavid » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:50 am

... That's an extremely good point.

We don't need gory detail Simon, but a type of shower/toilet stall for the colonists would be excellent. Not to mention factoring in with water useage and even supplementing the hydroponics.

Oh and regarding the AtmosGens, I think the air effect is much too pronounced with them. Maybe if you could create a system whereby you have a few of them working in a Storage or Utility room, then you can simply have wall vents either built into every other room (thus creating opportunities for sneaky xenos) or buildable wall units. As it is they are large and pretty ugly, to have them spread all over the base at least.
Send in more planes!

angelous

Post by angelous » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:01 am

I think my only current complaint is the auto go-to door construction everytime you go near a wall (specially when trying to build something in "Room" (beds, Couches)

angelous

Post by angelous » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:01 am

I think my only current complaint is the auto go-to door construction everytime you go near a wall (specially when trying to build something in "Room" (beds, Couches)

iamGLAD

Post by iamGLAD » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:52 am

Wow, this sounds amazing, this game is all I have ever wanted and more! I can't wait for the new IMP model and aliens (I want to give my turrets something to do). One thing I also think would be cool is a toilet/ shower area. Building walls is also something that I think would be useful, for making individual bedrooms or something along those lines, possible a bedside table or storage area? Anyway, again it's up to you, and great job on the game Simon, it's shaping up to be something amazing!

PlasmaDavid

Post by PlasmaDavid » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:24 am

I think there's room to make a lot of objects have more than one use. For example I'm not a fan of the Edwardian-era style wireframe bed ingame. Compared to the groovy bench seat it just doesn't gel with the 70s stylings. A bed on a platform that was a footlocker and fold-out-sink would not only provide a bed, but a storage area and somewhere for them to perform ablutions.
Send in more planes!

DrwHem

Post by DrwHem » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:20 pm

is there a rough estimate of how long it will take to get this game in beta?

DrwHem

Post by DrwHem » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:41 am

also. is there any chance of getting a kind of hallway room added? as it is now when you try to build 2 different room types close together you get this 2 by 2 area thats walled off between the two rooms wasting a lot of space and completely un-accessible due to the fact that it is too small to build a door in.

psiondoodler

Post by psiondoodler » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:19 pm

You can build the default rooms between the function rooms and it will act as a hallway linking them so you can have door to door. I realize that I'm responding to an older post, but I haven't tried to play in months and I just discovered that. Not sure if it's a new feature of I just figured out something that's been in game.