Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am
- Save games. Basic save game functionality. f5 to save, f9 to load. Currently saves the world (atmosphere, heat, block types), rooms and basic object information. Does not store research, or other complex state data like AI. The file format will likely change again by version 0.44, so don't get too attached to them saves.
- Resolution changing from the menu. No restart required, full screen resolutions will now align properly at Retina and 4k resolutions if you have a computer that can handle them.
- Texture setting changing from the menu. If you have low performance this will likely improve the game substantially. Tip: The visual difference between High and Medium is very small for those running at 1080p or lower.
- Realtime raytraced reflections in screenspace (RLR). Reflective surfaces will now reflect objects near them. This tech is prototype and will be improved once I have the time.
- Fixes for lighting. Lighting should appear more accurate and balanced.
- Floor materials. Many of the floors and walls have been tweaked to improve their specular and reflections.
- Depth sampling fix. The depth is now sampled more accurately. Snow and shadows should judder less when moving the camera.
- Build-able object bug fix. More objects should be built by the colonists. ( Hopper and chairs for example)
- Crash fix. A few particle effects would crash when rendering 0 particles.
- Cache optimisation. Moved some data about that should speed up some of the simulation and reduce CPU load.
- Room optimisation. Rooms should now cause less of a CPU hit. Pathfinding in them should be smoother, and rendering them should be faster.
- Lots of code cleanup. Might cause a few things to go a little faster and be a little less crashy.
0.39.1's notes: http://forum.maiagame.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=604