Coming in 0.44

Discussion of Maia's on going development, including modding.

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:24 pm

Coming in 0.44

The roadmap is out of date, so it's time to talk about things coming in 0.44:

• Fail states and colony ratings. Find out how successful you were in settling the new world.
  • New game option. Start a fresh new game from the menu.
  • GUI improvement: Things like going back to the menu and loading/saving without key commands.
  • Text improvement: Varying speeds for larger chunks of text.
  • Hopper functionality actually working. Storage of materials.
  • 3d printing new and replacement IMP robots.
  • Research implementation and resedesign. More ways to collect data, more involved research process. (Plus visual indications of new tech and more obvious game play integration etc)
  • The body bags and medical treatment stuff that didn't make it into 0.43.
  • IMP mining explosives.
  • Earthquakes causing chain reaction cave ins.
  • Local meteor strikes.BOOM!
  • Potentially*** - The second creature.

Thanks to everyone who gave their feedback on the last build!

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:38 am

Re: Coming in 0.44

What about the bug that prevents colonists from executing orders?

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:26 pm

heffay1122 wrote:What about the bug that prevents colonists from executing orders?

There isn't one on our tracker (barring occasional freeze ups due to saving). Have you read the tutorials?

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:15 am

I have indeed done the tutorial. After a quick Google search, i learned i was not the only one. Sometimes i can build one room and one item, sometimes 2 rooms but eventually they stop executing orders. The IMP will continue tasks such as clearing the area and such.

I offer my sincerest apologies for the delayed response. I know your time is valuable, and i do not mean to dampen motivation for the game. I will say this. When it gets up and running, it's a blast. I just can't ever get it to, well, keep going. For anyone reading this, it is well worth the money, and having a developer respond to the community is a rare and awesome thing.

Thank you for your time, once again.

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:05 am

SimoRoth wrote:
heffay1122 wrote:What about the bug that prevents colonists from executing orders?

There isn't one on our tracker (barring occasional freeze ups due to saving). Have you read the tutorials?

Hi all

I bought the game 3 days ago and i can say its verry cool but unplayable

Version 0.43 imp works fine but Colonists nearly never build all items
(they run in a room where they should build, after that the turn around, after a while run to get food and drink ==> then try to sleep, after they woke up the loop begins again and nothing will be finished)

if i build one item after the other it works for some time
but after a while Colonists do run around an do not the jobs.

it seems if you get the first additional colonists ai is completle broken and all die
if i cancle all builorders and place new ones they wont start to buid again

so i think there is a bug that prevents colonists from executing orders

Please excuse my bad english and i hope next update wil make the game a bit more playable caus i love it realy much ;)

Post Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:49 pm

I would agree to this to an extent. It seems my colonists are getting hung up. At times, they look like they are about to go and do something, but then suddenly change gears and start heading to something else. Then before they get to that goal they change gears again and head to something else. As a result, nothing actually seems to get done. Admittedly, it takes a bit longer when I do it. I tend to only give one or two build orders at a time. When I do push it into say ~7 or more build orders I have seen it occur. I walked away at one point for about 15 minutes just to see what the simulation would do. Some of it actually got done. Also, is there any definable storage limit in the initial start up storage room? I also seem to have an issue getting the IMP to bring in further materials. He just chills. (Or is the IMP not supposed to do that, as in it is up to the colonists?)

Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:03 am

Hey Simon!

Hope all is well and that the next instalment of Maia comes out soon

Post Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:48 am

please remove infinite chicken spawns, it's stopping me playing the game, i.e. makes it unplayable.

Post Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:28 pm

are animals even processed currently? as in are they turned into edibles, if they aren't it's kinda pointless to make the livestock room then.

Post Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:05 pm

sorry if i placed it in the wrong place, but just cant find a better spot by now.

how do i get 0.44??
i prepurchased and downloaded 0.43 so far, but where the heck is the link to 0.44 or an updater for 0.43 to 0.44????
no, im not running it over steam, id like to keep my games separated, i like to have controll.

thx
Next

Return to Development