Dredd

Talk about life, the universe and everything.
SimoRoth
Site Admin

Dredd

Post by SimoRoth » Mon May 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Just watched it for the second time (first being at the cinema in 3d)

Man I love this film so much. Probably one of the best films I've seen in the last 3 years!

Studdart

Re: Dredd

Post by Studdart » Tue May 28, 2013 8:16 am

I loved the film myself, my only problem with it being that it was pretty much the exact film as The Raid. With the added feature of the drugs.

Bue yeah, I think it was a fun gritty Dredd film, and hopefully we'll see more along these lines in the future.
I'll get my coat...

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Tue May 28, 2013 10:25 am

Studdart wrote:I loved the film myself, my only problem with it being that it was pretty much the exact film as The Raid. With the added feature of the drugs.

Bue yeah, I think it was a fun gritty Dredd film, and hopefully we'll see more along these lines in the future.
Well I wouldn't fault it on the plot, the simplicity of it is the charm. (Like the original Assault on Precinct 13) (Also the film was in production since 2008, so any similarities are coincidence or just due to the pure straight forwardness of both films)

I hope they make a sequel.

flamescorpion

Post by flamescorpion » Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 pm

i second a sequel it was a great film and took a big step away from the stallone film.

cant wait to see if karl urban comes back as he did a great portrayal of a guy who you never really see

randommonicle

Post by randommonicle » Wed May 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Sadly, from what i have heard on the internets. Due to how badly this did in the US i dont think it made the money back to make a sequel.

Sad face :(
Burn with me