crash when colonist plays his music for me while music disabled [0.62 Linux]

Report bugs here! Please use the template when posting. For help running the game, please use the tech support forum.
MellowTigger

crash when colonist plays his music for me while music disabled [0.62 Linux]

Post by MellowTigger » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:22 pm

Alpha build number:

Operating System:
Linux

Bug severity: Start up crash / Game play crash / Unexpected behaviour/ Balance issue / Other
Game play crash

Complete steps to replicate bug:
Turn off music in settings. Wait for colonist to ask if player wants to listen to his avant garde music. Answer Yes.

Other notes:
I didn't get an error message on screen. The program/process just disappeared.

Woetoo

Re: crash when colonist plays his music for me while music disabled [0.62 Linux]

Post by Woetoo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Simon, this might be a Linux only bug.

I just tried the same thing with the current build (0.62) on Windows7 (64bit):

- Switched off the main music in the Auditory settings menu (I switched off AFTER starting the mission).
- Played long enough for colonist to ask if I'd like to listen to his avant garde music.
- Clicked [YES]

No crash, just a message saying it was playing Maia #87623486324 or something. Didn't hear any music or anything.

I've only tried it once though, so not exactly an extensive test.

MellowTigger, if you have the time... any chance you could replay a game a second time to see if it's a repeatable crash on your installation?

MellowTigger

Re: crash when colonist plays his music for me while music disabled [0.62 Linux]

Post by MellowTigger » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:54 pm

It may have already been fixed. :) There was a 21.7MB download before I tried again.

I disabled my audio before beginning a new game. When the avant garde music notice came up and I answered Yes, then I got a display that said something about Mission Information Music for Maia # blahblahblah. No crash. Thanks! :)

SimoRoth
Site Admin

Post by SimoRoth » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Yep it's fixed. Linux specific data files corrupted.